34TH GEAR - THE ARROW OF THE PHOENIX

I'm not an expert in magic since I'm not a mage, but I have heard of seriously talented individuals who can fuse two elements to form a new kind of magic. For example, if you use water and earth magic, you can have the power to control mud. However, there are other higher forms of magic fusion such as what we are witnessing right now.

Captain Haruka unleashed Bloodfire Accel, which is a third level of elemental magic fusion. Every step she makes unleashes crimson liquid flames that burn anything on its trail. It is far superior to normal Fire Accel in horsepower and acceleration.

"Awesome!" Flu smiled in amazement as she stared at the opponents' dark red flaming contrails.

"That is not the time to appreciate your opponent! Come on, step up!" I yelled.

"R-Roger!"

After a few seconds, Captain Haruka reached the 2nd Checkpoint Tower! She drifted and tapped it with her right hand!

Beep! First point for Captain Haruka!

The gap is widening at this rate, so I know that Flu has to do something with her speed!

"Flu, use the Flash Step!"

"Roger!" Flu answered.

Stardust particles formed around Flu's Speedmage Shoes, and with a single kick to the ground, she was able to close into the 2nd Checkpoint Tower! With her soft hands, she swiftly touched the checkpoint!

Beep! Point for Flu, at 1:1!

Because of using Flash Step, we were able to close into our opponent who was still going for the 3rd Checkpoint Tower. Flu is trying to match the enemy's speed, but we are not shortening the gap within them. We might get in a more disadvantageous position if we haven't gotten a solution for this!

"Flu, can you do two consecutive Flash Steps?" I asked.

"I'm not sure, tahahaha." Flu then glared at her opponent with a smile. "But since you suggested it, I'll try!"

"Try to catch up and strike her back!" I said.

"Roger!"

Stardust energy gathered on Flu's left and right shoes. With one stomp, she unleashed the first Flash Step. With her other foot, she kicked the ground with extraordinary speed! She finally did a Double Flash Step, and she managed to close the gap!

"Yaaaaaah!" Flu spread out her hand, trying to reach the opponent's back!

"Haruka, use Bloodfire Nitro!" The opponent's navigator Captain Tezza commanded.

"Ah, fine!" Captain Haruka hopped and stomped the ground on two feet! Then she bent her knees, channeling blood-fire magic on her shoes, and revved by running to the extremes! "Bloodfire Nitro!"

"Kyah!"

Flame burst out from her feet that showered around Flu! Because of the sudden splash of flames, Flu became disoriented and began to run in a zigzag like a drunk person! She went left, then right, then left, and then right as if she's having no sense of direction!

"Flu, are you okay!?" I cried.

"I-I'm fine!" Flu replied.

The intense heat of the surroundings made Flu sweat like waterfalls. She may have been protected by the magical barrier of the Speedmage Suit, but she is still vulnerable to the temperature that will affect her mental state. Flu's condition is like running a marathon at high noon during summer in a tropical country. It is highly exhausting to keep on going.