95TH GEAR - LILITH AND DELILAH

Winter is coming.

The air has been noticeably cooler, and most of the people are already wearing their jackets. If you walk by the central district, you would see people breathing out fog. People are already preparing the decorations for Christmas. Snowflakes randomly pop down from the air.

Swoosh! A glittery pink contrail streak finally stopped at the academy gates.

Flu and I finally made it to the Saint Crusade Academy to attend the Joint Training Camp. It was 7:12 in the morning, and practice starts at eight. As soon as we stepped on the academy gate, Flu touched her Speedmage Shoes to stop the Stardust Accel spell.

We walked hand-in-hand while humming some anime songs as we ventured toward the Merry Knights Training Grounds. We're certainly alone as we are too early for practice. Classes have already ended for the year, and the only ones who will be going here to this school are the Speedmages who are participating in the training camp.

I closed my eyes and smiled, enjoying the peaceful surroundings. All I can hear is Flu's soft hums which are relaxing music to my ears. Suddenly, I felt that Flu's footsteps and songs came to a halt.

"Jonathan." Flu's soft voice whispered to me.

When I opened my eyes, I saw President Levi, on his varsity jacket. He has this stern look on his face and is holding a big scroll imbued with magical energy.

"Coach Wardenorth. I would like a word with you, together with the whole Merry Knights." Levi said.

Whatever it is, he looked serious and concerned.

"Okay. Where should we talk?"

"I would like to borrow the Merry Knights Guild Building's conference room. I know your building might be a bit filthy for my excellence, but I will give you an exemption for this. For I am a kind President of the Eaglecrest." Levi clapped his chest.

Would it kill him to stop being narcissistic for a moment, even at serious times?

We three approached the Merry Knights Guild Building and first went to the lobby. I immediately saw Ericka at the front desk sorting papers, and Cruzo relaxing on the sofa trying to munch beefy nachos.

For some reason, his excellency and his royal highness President Levi gave a stern look at our favorite panda who is now gaining weight due to his constant eating 24/7.

"Grrrr!" President Levi snarled when he saw Cruzo. He immediately approached the macho panda and slapped away the whole box of nachos! "Rrraaaah!

"Wha! Nooo! My nachos!" Cruzo cried.

"What are you doing, Muscle Bro!?" Prez Levi roared.

"M-Muscle Bro?" Cruzo tilted his head, slightly confused.

"Since you have the perfect manly body that I also have, you should maintain your muscles! Stop eating junk food and focus instead on working out early in the morning! Don't let your dreams be dreams! Aim for excellence and grind, Muscle Bro!"

"B-But I want to be fat so that Heffy could like me..." Cruzo muttered.

"Unacceptable! Do you want to turn back to your old fat loser self!? Where did I go wrong in teaching you!?" Prez Levi cried.

"Um, you did not teach me anything," Cruzo said.

"It doesn't matter!" Prez Levi roared like a lion. "As a Muscle Bro, I will never let your perfect muscles die! Now get your ass on the ground and give me ten thousand pushups!"