70TH GEAR - FINALLY, A SUCCESSFUL TRIP TO SCHOOL!

"Good morning, Jon!"

It was a bright sunny morning, and here we are on the beachside where Flu and I often meet up before going to class. The sweet breeze of the ocean air made a refreshing sensation on my skin. And the soft voice of Flu made it a day worthy of looking forward to.

"Good morning, Flu." I smiled.

We continued to walk for a few seconds until Flu tilted her body to block me.

"Hey, hey, Coach!" The pink-haired beauty pressed her head towards me with a smile on her face. "Would you like to have a free ride?"

"Nope." I immediately went cold and continued walking.

"Ack!" Flu gasped. "Coach! I promise I will deliver you to Saint Crusade Academy safe and sound!"

I cringed. I know all those "free rides" we went through are accidents, but every ride has a punishing gimmick. What will she do for this day? Throwing me to a dumpster truck, to a swimming pool, to the seaside beach sand, and to live electric wires are done already. What's next? Will she throw me to an isekai truck next?

"D-Don't worry, Coach! I just learned a Revival Spell during our Intermediate Healing Course! As long as you are with me, it is all right to die! I will resurrect you as many times as you want! You don't need to worry about getting into an accident!" Flu pumped her fists with an innocent smile on her face.

"If I die, let me stay dead." I cried.

"Awww." Flu sulked. "I thought I will be able to show you my hard work in practicing Stardust Accel for the past three days..."

It's been roughly three days since Professor Azure taught her the Stardust Accel, and I'd say Flu is way more worked up than before. I think she already dedicates seven hours of her day to practicing her speed spells, way more than the hours she spent on studying and sleeping. She's addicted to Speed Battles already.

Flu's reddish pouting face is adorable right now, and her azure blue puppy eyes make me hypnotized. I made a deep sigh and then silently prayed that I will not regret my decision. Then I offered her my hand.

"Here." I coldly said with strawberry cheeks.

"R-Really!? That's great!" Flu happily enveloped my hand with her warm soft fingers. Then she started to drag me on the way while having this adorable smile on her face. "Are you ready?"

"Ready to die," I said.

"Good!" Flu touched her Speedmage Shoes and then pink stardust revolved around it. "Stardust Accel!"

Swoosh!

This is my first time experiencing Stardust Accel, and it was wonderful. The ride is much smoother than when she is using Wind Accel as her main speed spell. All her twists and turns are much more fluid even though we are traveling almost twice as fast as her normal speed before the tournament.

We dashed through the train tracks, the monster-infested rivers, the steep hills, then through the capital square until we finally made it to the Saint Crusade Academy gate. It only took two minutes to get in here, which is way faster than how professional Speedmages do.

And the most important of all... I never got into an accident!

Praise the Lord! Hallelujah! After 70 chapters, she finally delivered me to our destined place safe and sound! I'm crying right now!

Flu had this wide open eyes due to shock. She could not believe it either.

"We... We made it! We actually made it without problems, Coach!" Flu cheered.