45TH GEAR - STUCK ON A FOOT PINCH

Beep!

A sky-blue magical circle point indicator was made, signaling another score for Ericka!

She has been on the roll now ever since Locke missed the Checkpoint Tower. The white-haired homunculus tried to flee, but it was futile. Every time she makes a step, the slippery ice would just make her slide in random directions!

"Ah," Locke muttered as she glanced backward. She saw Ericka who is skating towards her rear, ready to strike!

Beep! Another magical circle point indicator!

The score is now 5:4, with Ericka having a lead! Now she is prepared for one more strike to the back of the opponent!

"Yaaaaah!"

Beep!

A blue magical circle point indicator was created once more! Locke has launched away from the Checkpoint Tower, and now she's spinning like a top!

"Waaaaaah," Locke shouted in a monotone voice. I think she's more of a robot than an artificial human.

"One more for good measure!" Ericka charged once again as she kicked on her territorial ice.

But before she could touch the opponent's back, the whistle was blown!

Fweeeeeeeeeeeet!

"Match over! The winner is Ericka Azure!" The referee proclaimed.

The crowd cheered upon witnessing the great performance of the two Speedmages. All the people are clapping on Ericka's win, even Vincent himself. Ericka and Locke approached the viewing stage for navigators.

"Nice game." Vincent greeted my Prez with a smile.

"Heeeh? So now you acknowledge my skills?" Ericka held her hips confidently.

"It was Jonathan's tactics that won your game though." Vincent followed up with a grin.

"W-Well, I know about that!" Ericka pouted.

"Hahaha." Vincent laughed lightly. "But I will acknowledge your skills. Just a little bit."

"You better watch out. My fight tomorrow will be against you if you win against Haruka Firangel. Make sure not to be eliminated in the first round, oh, Speedmage Champion." Ericka teased with a grin.

"Noted."

Vincent turned around and started to walk, while the robotic silver-haired homunculus stared at us with her golden eyes. She looks like an adorable doll with no hint of emotions.

"Good game. The end."

Locke bowed and then made her exit by following Vincent.

Ericka and I are just left dazzled. We do not know how to react. It feels weird to be greeted in a robotic tone, kind of like you're talking to Magical Intelligence installed on a magical computer.

<>

It was Cruzo's battle next.

Our fat panda sophomore will be against Amaryllis Vosconovitc, the sole daughter of a multi-trillionaire duke of the empire. I just searched about her on the magicnet using my magic tablet, and I learned that she owns the school she was enrolled in. Talk about self-serving.

Amaryllis Vosconovitc is a teenage girl with Western origins. It can be seen from her silver blonde hair that has a princess-like twirly hairstyle. She is wearing a white gothic Speedmage Suit that would often be mistaken as an Alice in Wonderland cosplay.