105TH GEAR - THE SHOUT OF TERROR AND THE PINIONS OF BRAVERY

The ground of the Triangle turned abyssal black, and at the center of the field is a flat dark hole that sucks every matter and energy and keeps them pinned on the ground. Not even the Checkpoint Towers, which are immune to magic, are safe, as those devices started to crack due to the extraordinary gravitational pull.

"Ghhhh!" Flu gritted as she forced herself to stand up. Her shoulders, head, arms, and knees are heavy and kept on magnetizing to the ground. Flu is already exerting stardust energy all over her body to counteract the Gravity Field's pull, but all she can do is struggle in standing up.

Sweat started to flood the side of my face. I clenched my fists and bit my teeth. This is the worst-case scenario I have been avoiding all along. We never trained for anything to counter the Alternate Reality Magic that Lilith made. All we practiced is to prevent her from using it.

And now that the Gravity Field is active, it is too late.

"Awooooooooooooooo!"

The Vampirewolf howled once again!

"Kyaaaaaaaah!" Flu cried as she covered her ears. It's not just Flu, everybody else was affected by that howl.

Even Count Gaylord Draculus, who is supposed to be one of the most powerful vampires in existence, was not able to resist the vampirewolf's howl.

"Ghh!" Gaylord cried as he also covered his ear.

"What the hell is that?" I asked my fellow navigator.

"That... is the Terror Shout. It is a spell commonly used by werewolves to show dominance and fear. Normally, I am immune to a werewolf's Terror Shout. But for some reason, my Lilith's howl is in a league on its own. She is a half-vampire and half-werewolf, so it is expected for she to have the best magical circuits of all elemental beings. But still..."

Hearing Gaylord grit out of fear and pain made me realize that this is the first time it happened. They never planned for this. But this weird succession of events is making a big favor for them.

"Awooooooooo!" There was it again! The Terror Shout!

"Kyaaaah!" Flu hollered in pain once more. Since she's the nearest person to the vampirewolf, she is catching 100% of the pain and fear of that specific spell!

Seeing this opportunity, Lilith teleported right behind Flu who is still staggering, and her sharp claws struck the poor pink-haired Speedmage's back!

Beep! A black magical circle point indicator was created!

Point for Lilith, at 11:7!

"Guh!"

Flu was forced to make three steps forward because of the repelling effect of the magical barrier. Normally, it would launch both Speedmages a couple of meters away from each other, but the Gravity Field makes the friction so tight that the repelling force is greatly weakened.

"One more!" Lilith roared as she teleported right behind Flu once again!

"Flu, guard your rear!" I shouted.

The pink-haired Speedmage managed to turn around in the nick of time and defended by making an X guard with her arms. So the moment the vampirewolf's claws were about to hit her, they were both pushed three steps backward due to the repelling effect!

Bzzzzt!

"Ara, ara! Resisting is futile!" Lilith smiled which looked like a gnarl. Then she shouted upwards once again. "Awoooooooooooo!"

"Kyaaaaaah!" Flu covered her ears in pain.

Not letting this opportunity go, the Vampirewolf teleported behind Flu and struck her with feral claws!