104TH GEAR - THE FUN IN DESPAIR

"Heh."

I saw Professor Azure utter a single laugh as soon as she saw the awesome imitation of her Orbital Strike and Vincent's Flash Bullet Barrage. Her crimson-purple eyes were lit aflame when all those special moves that Flu made more points.

"They went all out, didn't they?" Ericka, who was just sitting right beside her older sister, muttered with a smile.

"Fluonessia Asahime is a prodigy. It's no surprise to me that she will gain a big lead. But there are still four minutes left. With all those big moves, Fluonessia's mana capacity is now cut to half. They must continue the momentum while defending." Professor Azure said as she crossed her arms. She suddenly changed expression when she focused her gaze on Lilith.

Back in the Triangle, Lilith is trying to break away from Flu who was rapidly chasing her. They are engaging in a tag fight at the center of the Triangle, near the 1st Checkpoint Tower. Black and pink contrail streaks clashed and crisscrossed, creating a two-toned DNA model.

"Flu, stick on her like glue! Don't let her use her Alternate Reality Magic!" I shouted through the mic.

"Roger, Coach!" Flu said as she continued to chase down the fleeing witch.

I saw back on the Regional Speedmage Tournament that Lilith's total activation and casting time of her Gravity Field is 2.15 seconds. If we can press on and give pressure on her, she will not have enough time to cast that overpowered magic!

Bzzzzt!

Both Speedmages were repelled by their magical barrier's force! Lilith gained about fifty meters of distance away from Flu, so she saw it as an opportunity to channel her spell!

"Everything shall fall unto the void! Gravity-"

"Phoenix Arrow!"

Flu shoots forward with her flaming body and clashed with Lilith head-on! Their foreheads almost collided, but the magical barriers of both Speedmages launched themselves in opposite directions!

"Grah! You bastard!" Lilith growled.

"I will not let you use your ultimate!" Flu said as she recklessly charged forward once again! "Phoenix Talon!"

"Ghhhh!" Lilith has pushed back yet again. This time, they are fifty meters away from the 1st Checkpoint Tower.

Flu can touch the 1st Checkpoint Tower and score one more point, but that is not our priority right now. If Lilith uses Gravity Field, it is all over. We have to keep the pressure!

"Yaaaaah!" Flu boosted once more, her hand trying to reach the opponent, but then-

"Shadow Lurk!" Lilith's body converted into black goo that fell on the ground. This black goo then turned to a shadow that is blacker than darkness. It went under Flu's feet and fled in the direction of the 3rd Checkpoint Tower!

"E-Eh!?" Flu was confused.

"Flu, follow the shadow! Don't let her get away!" I shouted.

"R-Right!" Flu boosted forward with her Stardust Accel, chasing the shadow!

Three minutes left!

Lilith must be planning on touching the 3rd Checkpoint Tower while avoiding any physical contact with Flu. Are they going to change tactics and gave up on the Gravity Field?

I looked at Gaylord Draculus who still have this forced smile on his face. There is sweat crawling on his pale white cheeks and wide forehead. If I read it right, there is still something they are trying to do in desperation.