75TH GEAR - I'M IN LOOOOOOOOVE!

Right after Cruzo's victorious defeat, Flu and I went to the Merry Knights Guild Building for our daily practice. Cruzo said that he will not attend today's practice for obvious heartbreaking reasons, so we will just inform Useless Prez about it.

When we entered the club building, we were surprised that the renovations are over. The paint job on the white walls with reddish-pink stripes is already finished, although there is still a faint smell of fresh paint. There is the logo of a cartoon knight girl at the front of the lobby which makes it look as professional as the Eaglecrest Guild. Our furniture has already been replaced with newer wooden ones too, albeit it looks cheap, but much better than the old ones. I am going to miss our former gang hideout.

"We're here, Prez!" Flu raised her hand.

For some reason, I can see Flu more pumped up than ever. She might be a tad bit quieter than normal, but I can see in her sparkling blue eyes, determined smile, and pumped clenched fists that she is more eager to practice today than any other day of the year.

Ericka was sorting out boxes of files on the main counter when we saw her. She got this slight smile on her face. She scolded us but she seemed not angry about it.

"You're fifteen minutes late."

"I'm sorry! Coach and I officiated a Speed Battle in the Cool Escape Grounds!" Flu said energetically.

"Oh, okay." Ericka crossed her arms. "Where's Cruzo?"

"Sir Cruzo said that he is having heartache, so he will be skipping practice today!" Flu eagerly answered.

"Jeez, I told him to stop eating fatty foods! Now his health is compromised!" Ericka held her forehead as if she is having a headache.

It seems that Ericka has yet to hear the news about Cruzo's demise. Oh well, she might learn about it later so I decided not to tell her the whole story until Cruzo approves of it.

"Hey, hey, Coach!" Flu excitedly pumped her fists and pushed her face toward mine. "Let's go practice! I want to try something!"

"O-Okay," I muttered.

"Great! I will just change into my Speedmage Suit! I'll be back in a jiffy!"

Swoosh! Flu dashed away with her Stardust Accel, leaving pink glitters all around the lobby.

I looked to the side and saw a new magic refrigerator next to Ericka. I approached it and checked on the contents. There are a few soft drinks, energy drinks, and mana potions fresh out of the box in there. I saw a six-pack of rootbeer and grabbed one.

"Mind if I get one of these?"

"Sure," Ericka said.

I'm quite thirsty, so I opened up the can of rootbeer. However, the carbonated drink sprayed all through my face the moment I pulled the pin!

"Gah!" I cried as the bubbles stung my eyes.

"Pfffft! Ahahaha!" Ericka started to laugh. "I'm sorry, Coach! I must have accidentally shaken them before storing them in the magic fridge."

"What a Useless President you are," I muttered as I wiped away the rootbeer droplets on my face.

When my vision cleared, Flu zoomed back to me, now in her full Speedmage Suit. She has excited puppy eyes that are twinkling like fireworks. I am sure that if she's a dog, she would be wagging her tail all around.

"Coach, coach! Let's go practice!" Flu grabbed my hand and dragged me outside.

"Okay, okay," I mumbled.