46TH GEAR - GUTS AND DEBUTS

Earthshatter is not considered a speed spell since it slows down the caster's movements in exchange for disrupting the enemy randomly. Considering Cruzo's situation earlier, it is his only way of escape.

Amaryllis was pushed away by the shockwave of the Earthshatter spell, but that's it. She is still having the momentum and the speed in this fight!

"What's wrong, fatso? You cannot move? Wohohohoho!" Amaryllis laughed like a rich girl once more.

"D-Darn it!" Cruzo cried. He tried pulling his right foot from the ground, but his sluggish movements makes it hard for him to draw strength!

"I'll be scoring some points now!"

Amaryllis drove like a motorboat and went straight to Cruzo's wide back!

Beep!

Another blue magical circle point indicator manifested!

Point to Amaryllis, now at 2:4!

Even when the opponent touched Cruzo's back, Cruzo did not suffer from the repelling effect of the magical barriers colliding. Earthshatter operates by multiplying the weight of the caster's foot, which makes it possible to be stuck on the ground. Since he's anchored, he will stay in place until he draws his foot away from the crash hole!

"Wohohoho! One more~" Amaryllis sped up once again like a jet ski and struck Cruzo's back!

Beep!

Another point to Amaryllis, at 2:5!

Cruzo is done for. I have no counter-strategy on how to get out of this situation. It's not like I blame Cruzo for using the Earthshatter since it was his only way to retaliate, but that specific spell is going to be his downfall in this battle.

"Strike! Strike! Wohohoho! It will be better if you surrender now, fatso!" Amaryllis laughed.

Beep! Beep! Beep!

A magical circle point indicator kept on appearing on Cruzo's back whenever Amaryllis swept around him. The score is now at 2:8, which is overwhelming my Speedmage.

"I will... not give up!" 

Cruzo roared out loud. Then he gathered mana towards his diaphragm and shouted out loud. 

"I have... GUTS!!!"

"Wohoho-uwah!"

A sonic boom was created which pushed away the about-to-strike Amaryllis. Cruzo just used a Shout Shockwave spell, which is not really a speed spell but a disruption spell. All it does is create a sound barrier around the caster and push the opponents away.

Cruzo was finally able to withdraw his foot from the crater. He stepped forward with his sluggish motion and then touched his Speedmage Shoes.

"Earth Accel!"

The Speedmage Shoes' weight quadrupled, but it got his speed back once again. One step, two steps, three steps- He is racing towards the next Checkpoint Tower!

"I will score one more point!" Cruzo roared!

"Oh no, you won't!" Amaryllis is boosted forward with magical water contrails! "Water Jet!"

I looked at the timer. Five seconds left before the match ends! Cruzo is certainly losing because of the overwhelming advantage, but it doesn't matter. As long as he does not give up, his heart will never be defeated!

"Raaaaagh!" Cruzo cried.

Beep! The Checkpoint Tower was touched! He managed to get to the checkpoint before he got caught by the water Speedmage!