74TH GEAR - THE VICTOR AND THE VANQUISHED OF LOVE

Cruzo's transformation was so drastic that I could not recognize him as the kind of big fat panda sophomore. His body is now bulked up with muscles, and there is smoke coming out from each of his pores. With the help of my mystic glasses, I realized that he is burning down his fat using fire magic on his veins to increase his mana capacity and stamina.

His smiles are no longer a sign of positivity. He is now smiling out of pure desperation and wrath. He is angry, not at the opponent, but at his inability to draw out raw power from himself.

Magma coated Cruzo's Speedmage Shoes. The sulfur smoke tensed up as he bent his knees, ready for a full charge towards the 1st Checkpoint Tower!

"Looooooooooove!" Cruzo roared out loud as his Magma Accel left nothing but scorched earth contrail. His speed is only 20% faster than before, but it is still considered a significant boost!

"Just because you burned your fat does not mean you are more handsome than me!" Paul laughed out loud as he touched his Speedmage Shoes. "Spring Hop!"

Paul jumped twenty meters up in the air to soar overhead above Cruzo once more. And when he finally had a clear view at the back of the macho panda, he once again touched his Speedmage Shoes to cast another speed spell!

"Rotor Boost!"

The wheels on Paul Handsomeson's Speedmage Shoes transformed into rotors that whipped up air and made his flight controlled. He made a quick maneuver in midair and boosted towards Cruzo's back!

"Incoming! From your back!" I shouted at the mic.

Cruzo will not be able to evade the attack from behind. He is a Speedster, and the control of his maneuvers is not for evading opponents. Cruzo's style is to face the opponent head-on, so his only option is to go straight toward the 1st Checkpoint Tower. That makes him a predictable target no matter how fast he is!

But I can see that Cruzo is having a trump card on his sleeve. He spread out his right hand and focused earth and fire magic enhancement on his fist!

"If getting struck from the back is my weakness, then I will have to remove that weakness with my power!" Cruzo roared! "Magma Drill!"

Molten crimson rocks materialized on Cruzo's right arm and it formed into a cone. The magma rocks rotated so fast that it became a drill, ready to pierce through anything it touches!

"Hraaagh!"

Cruzo roared as he struck his Magma Drill on the ground. Earth chunks melted and shattered as soon as the magical drill made contact, and there was a magma explosion!

"Gwah!"

Paul cried as he was launched away from the point of the magmatic blast. There was a thick sulfur smoke where Cruzo used his Magma Drill, and everything at the center of the Triangle became foggy.

"Where is he!?" Paul looked left and right, up and down, forward and back, but he could not locate his opponent!

However, he saw a huge hole where Cruzo used to stand. Paul approached the circular cave and saw molten rocks on the tunnel's edges.

"That panda just dug his own grave! Hahaha! Flee as much as you want! You will never win against a handsome prince like meeee!" Paul laughed out loud.

The ground rumbled. At first, we thought that it was an earthquake, but the abnormal heat and mana flow on the soil makes it clear that it was not a natural tremor but a magic-made one!

All of a sudden, Cruzo dug up and reappeared at the 1st Checkpoint Tower and touched it!

Beep!

Point for Cruzo, now at 3:4!