55TH GEAR - SHE IS BAD NEWS

It was a spectacular clash of spells from both Speedmages. A red burning arc called Phoenix Talon collided with the surging blue water quick-turn Dolphin Strike!

Poof!

The extreme heat vaporized the water, and the water extinguished the flames. As a result, a thick fog of smoke puffed that covered one-fourth of the Triangle. Both Speedmages were launched due to the repelling effect of their magical barriers colliding.

"W-Where is she!?" Amaryllis stood at the center of the smokescreen. She looked left and right, forward, and back. But she never saw her opponent... until she look upwards!

There, the pink-haired Speedmage has already set up her next course of attack! She has already created an Air Trampoline, ready to jump toward the opponent's back!

"Yaaaaah!" Flu roared as she jumped toward the opponent!

"Son of a-"

Before Amaryllis could finish a curse, Flu was already launched at superspeed and struck her back! A pink magical circle point indicator formed!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 4:1!

"Damn, you!" Amaryllis immediately pressed her foot on the ground as an anchor to prevent the repelling force from pushing her any further. She bent her knees and finally made a step for the first time without relying on her hovering Water Accel. "I will catch you!"

"Get out of there, Flu!" I shouted out loud.

Flu was quick to pick up my command. She used the repelling effect of the magical barrier earlier to have a boost towards the next Checkpoint Tower!

We have been setting up this tag fight nearer and nearer to the 2nd Checkpoint Tower ever since Amaryllis activated her Whirlpool spell. So the moment Flu dashed away, there was not much of the ground to cover.

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia as she touched the 2nd Checkpoint Tower! The score is now an overwhelming lead of 5:1!

The moment Flu managed to get to the checkpoint was the moment the timer turned zero.

Fweeeeeet!

"Match is over! The winner is Fluonessia Asahime!" The referee announced.

The crowd cheered upon witnessing a spectacular Speed Battle. I can see that more and more people are now cheering for the Smiling Phoenix, as dubbed by the commentator on the TV. If she keeps on winning and faces off against Vincent in the finals, she will surely get a fanbase.

Maybe I can start a social media group now named Flunatics: Members are those lunatics insane enough to idolize Flu.

"I did it, Coach! I did it!" Flu jollily hopped and skipped as she climbed the viewing stage.

"Yeah! Good work!" I raised my hand to give her a fistbump, or maybe a handshake.

But Flu grabbed my wrist and put it on top of her head. Maybe she wanted to be petted instead like a dog who wanted to be rewarded for doing tricks. So I rubbed her silky smooth pink hair with my hand as a head massager.

"Here, here," I said with a smile.

"Tehehehe." Flu blushed while being ecstatic. She's too straightforward about her desires and emotions.

All of a sudden, our adorable moment together was cut when I heard a stomp a few meters away from my back. When Flu and I looked at the source, we realized that it was the opponent Amaryllis Vosconovitc and her butler-slash-navigator.