69TH GEAR - THE GOD OF SPEED'S CHALLENGE

Swoosh!

Flu also made a swift jumpstart, albeit a little bit slower than Professor Azure's Crystaldust Accel. Pink wind contrails were left on her tracks, and the glittery stardusts showered around in an arc like a rainbow.

In just a matter of five seconds, she managed to reach the Checkpoint Tower with much accuracy and precision!

Beep!

"I did it! I can use speed spells again!" Flu cried with joy.

All of us were astounded when we saw how fast Flu went from the starting line toward the Checkpoint Tower. We also adored the sparkling contrail streaks she unleashed with her newfound speed spell.

"Now try to do a lap." Professor Azure smirked. "Try not to be left behind!"

Professor Azure blasted once again, this time to the next Checkpoint Tower. Her Crystaldust Accel left blue glittering contrail streaks that made the Triangle a sparkling show.

"R-Roger!" Flu jollily said as she boosted forward with Stardust Accel!

Those sparkling pink contrails mixed with the blue glittery contrails, formed a spiral of pink and blue. It was like a two-toned rainbow that would give smiles on the faces of all who are witnessing this demonstration.

Beep! Professor Azure touched the Checkpoint Tower.

Beep! Flu managed to catch up and touched the same Checkpoint Tower!

I made a small fist pump for this small victory of Flu. After days of not being able to use speed spells correctly, she finally did it! Furthermore, her pink stardust magic seems to rival Vincent the Teleporter's Photon Accel speed!

"Awesooooome!" Flu pumped her fists and giggled. "I am way faster than before! I feel like I can do anything!"

Flu started to lap around the Triangle, touching Checkpoint Towers along the way. The pink stardusts showered around the imaginary lines between the Checkpoint Towers.

"Wheeeeeeee!" Flu screamed in joy as she dashed all around, her arms spread out like an airplane.

"Hahaha. Look how excited she is when she discovered a new speed spell." Professor Azure said in a cool tone as she approached us.

"Big Sis, are you sure about this?" Ericka said in a worried tone. She held her waist and tilted her head. "You just taught a Fusion Magic that is meant for third years. Not even I could pull it off without drawbacks."

I heard that word back in the training camp. Those absurdly difficult spells to cast that you have to combine two elements altogether are called Fusion Magic. One great example of it was Captain Haruka's Bloodfire Accel. She combines the element of blood and fire on her catalyst, which are her Speedmage Shoes, and uses it to unleash extraordinary speed.

Professor Azure has proficiency in ice and wind magic. She simultaneously used those elements to create Crystaldust Accel, in which only a few world-class Speedmage could do. You need to have powerful magical circuits and exemplary mana capacity to use them.

In the case of Flu, she was able to mix her Wind Accel and Fire Accel simultaneously, creating a new elemental speed spell: Stardust Accel.

"It will be fine. It is Miss Asahime we are talking about. And she will definitely need it for the National Speedmage Tournament." Professor Azure said.

"But Stardust Accel?" Ericka held her hips and scrunched her face. "Isn't the Stardust series confined to the Royal Blood of Agartha?"

"There are few people on the Eastern Islands that came from Agartha, so it comes as no surprise to me. I had a hunch that she has royal blood in her veins." Professor Azure smirked.