93RD GEAR - WE'RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING MATH, NOT SEX ED!

93RD GEAR - WE’RE SUPPOSED TO BE STUDYING MATH, NOT SEX ED!

Everybody was hyped up for the incoming Joint Training Camp from the three Speedmage Guilds of the Saint Crusade Academy. However, we all forgot one thing:

To have this grand event, we need to pass our final exams first.

Just like what happened in midterms, all club activities are banned two weeks before the yearly finals. So, as much as everyone hates it, especially Flu, we cannot do anything but dedicate all our time to studying.

Last midterms, Fluonessia barely passed her subjects. I am planning to have her get at least a B+ for this coming finals, and it is my job as a boyfriend and as a coach to see to it that she is doing well in studying. All our practices would be for naught if Flu fails even a single subject for this school year.

So, I have come up with a plan that will prevent Flu from spending more time in practice and instead dedicate more hours to studying.

“Listen, Flu. No Speed Battles for two weeks! No practice either! No testing of new speed spells, and I am confiscating the Speedmage Tactics until finals are over!” 

This is the first night of the club activity ban, and we are now in Flu’s room. It is six in the evening, and the stars have peeked from the darkness. Unlike my home on the mainland, Flu’s house here on the rural Eastern Island is the best place to study. There are no magic tech noises, no distractions from my parents, and most of all, there is no nearby place for practice. 

This is the perfect time and place to study.

Flu and I are sitting adjacent to each other, and between us is a tea table that we are currently using for studying. It is filled with textbooks, notebooks, pens, and even magic erasers. At the left edge on Flu’s side are the notes I lent to her, and it is stacked up like a mountain.

“Uwuuuuuu…” Flu cried as she laid her face on her nearby bed. “How can I live without practice?” 

“You can practice every weekend! But for now, you have to dedicate all your weekdays to studying!” I sermoned. I slapped the exam papers she had on her midterms. “Look, you were just lucky to pass last time, and that is thanks to our secret practice and your sneak super secret training alone!”

“Uwuuuuu.” Flu wept. She gently grabbed my hand, her warm soft fingers enveloping mine, and put our hands closer to her chest. “Jonathaaaaan~” 

I blushed for a moment, and I was about to be hypnotized by her puppy blue eyes. But then I slapped myself back to reality! “You can’t charm me like that! Come on, let’s study already!”

“Uwuuuuu…”

Flu’s whining continued a little longer, but at least she still had the energy to make some notes and read some textbooks. She can focus on studying just like in Speed Battles, but she does not have the stamina to stay motivated in reviewing.

After thirty minutes, Flu put down her pen and looked at me with a smile.

“Hey, hey, Jonathan! Have you seen the latest episode of That Time I Reincarnated as a Filipino? It's one of the top trending lists in magic anime dot com!”

What’s with that random anime question? Is it just a blatant technique to escape from studying?

“Focus on your studies,” I said coldly.

“Tahahaha… R-Right.” Flu scratched her head and then went back to her notes.

I took a slight peek at her paper and noticed an error. I immediately scooted closer to her and pointed at her mistake.