47TH GEAR - I WANT TO ZIGZAG TOO!

"Wooow! That was awesome!" 

Flu's blue eyes glittered in amazement upon witnessing an oriental magic dragon go at full speed ahead.

"This is not the time to appreciate your opponent, Flu!" I scolded her through the mic.

"I-I know! But I'm just amazed to see an awesome speed spell I've never seen before!" Flu said.

"That's what makes official Speed Battles a thrilling experience. You will never know what speed spells they will be using, so it is full of surprises." I said with a smile, then I shifted back to business. "Now step up and touch that Checkpoint Tower!"

"R-Roger that, Coach!" Flu answered.

After three seconds, Flu managed to touch the 2nd Checkpoint Tower, scoring her first point in this tournament!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 1:1!

"Now go to the center of the Triangle and aim for a clear shot!"

"R-Right!" Flu nodded as she yielded chasing the 3rd Checkpoint Tower. She went to the very center point of the Triangle and waited for the opponent.

We are doing the Phoenix Arrow strategy we practiced during the joint training camp. This strategy works best if the opponent only focuses on touching the Checkpoint Towers, so we can safely say that this is an anti-Speedster tactic.

However, Flu's aim using the Phoenix Arrow has greatly improved ever since that camp. If she can time it correctly, she wouldn't need to create a second or third Air Trampolines to compensate. And it will be much cheaper in her mana consumption too.

Flu was finally in position, at the very center of the Triangle. Her head is locked onto the raging oriental dragon that has been running at the speed of sound.

"Flu, for better aim, try going for him after he touches the 3rd Checkpoint Tower! He will definitely slow down after he changes directions!"

"Yes, Coach!" Flu nodded as her blue eyes gave a glint.

Kiryu with his Dragon Drive spell continued to rush until he touched the 3rd Checkpoint Tower!

Beep!

Point for Kiryu, at 1:2!

As soon as the dragon drifted to change directions, I saw an opportunity for an attack!

"Now!" I shouted out loud.

Flu jumped and created an Air Trampoline in midair, and then she stepped on it while enhancing her feet with fire magic! The Air Trampoline bent like a bowstring, and then launched the pink-haired Speedmage at full speed!

"Phoenix Arrow!"

"Phoenix Arrow, inbound! Evade it at all cost, Kiryu!" The opponent navigator called out to her Speedmage.

Flu was coming from the blind side of the dragon, but thanks to his navigator, he already know what to do in this specific situation.

"Dragon Tail!" Kiryu shouted, and the energy dragon he was driving turned around in a quick loop! Kiryu's frontal magical barrier collided with Flu's, and now they are both launched away from the Checkpoint Tower!

"Kyah!" Flu cried, but she immediately recovered in midair. "O-One more time!"

The pink-haired Speedmage created an Air Trampoline and stepped on it with both feet, ready to combo the opponent with another Phoenix Arrow that has a much closer distance! At this rate, Flu's speed will be doubled!