81ST GEAR - SINCE WHEN DID WE BECOME A COUPLE ANYWAY?

"Good morning, Jonathaaan~"

It was a bright and sunny Monday morning. I used to hate Mondays like every person in the multiverse, but since I got to see the most beautiful girl right on my doorstep, I would reconsider hating Mondays.

Wait, Flu and I meet almost every day, so I think I will still hate Mondays the most!

"G-Good morning, Flu." I wiped my eyes. "You're awfully early today, huh? And you even went to my house."

"Ah! It was just a coincidence! Tahahaha!" Flu scratched her head and gave a forced laugh. "I woke up too early so I decided to walk around these parts. It was just pure luck that I stumbled upon your house!"

"Liar," I said with a smirk. "I saw you wait at the front gate thirty minutes earlier."

"Teehee~" Flu slowly rubbed the back of her head. She is also blushing while smiling, which makes her more adorable than ever.

We started to walk side by side towards the main highway. Normally, children are going through here to get to the nearby elementary school. But there's none. I looked at my watch and realized that we are about thirty minutes earlier than usual for our meeting time.

I realized that Flu is awfully silent. When I looked at her, she was fidgeting as she just stares at the floor. Her face was still red, and there is this wide grin on her face. I am not used to this awkward silence, and I have to clarify some things before going to school anyway, so I initiated the conversation.

I have to build up and not jump to our main topic first. She might be shocked and confused if I ask about our relationship.

"So... You like w-weather?"

"Eh?" Flu's face has a huge question mark.

What the heck am I talking about? Am I this socially awkward that I can no longer do any random conversations?

Normally, I can talk well and fine with Fluonessia, but at least our topic is about Speed Battles. Other than that, we have no common interests except anime, so it is awkward for me to start a conversation!

"U-Ummm..." Flu muttered as she stared at me with her twinkling blue eyes.

"Y-Yes, go ahead," I said.

"A-About our relationship... We are dating now, aren't we?" Flu asked.

I was surprised that we are thinking about the same thing! Maybe Flu is struggling with this awkwardness too, and she is taking the initiative! How much of a wuss am I about these things? I hate myself!

"Y-Yeah. I love you, and you love me, right? That makes us a couple, I guess." I nervously scratched my blushing cheek.

"S-So, how do you want to treat our dating relationship? Should we announce that we are dating through the paging system of the academy?" Flu asked.

"T-That's a bit extreme!" I cried.

"So you want to lie low then? Let's hide our relationship and meet up in the dark alleys every night?"

"That makes us look like drug dealers!" I cried.

"Hmmm?" Flu crossed her arms and tilted her head as she dived into deep thought.

I took a deep breath and stopped walking. I looked at her face and then smiled.

"Maybe let's just tell the people one at a time. We don't need to be a show-off or secretive either. If they ask, we answer." I said.