66TH GEAR - TURNING POINT

After those unlucky incidents that led to us being delivered to the school infirmary, the school nurse told us to skip our Speedmage practice for the day. I was feeling under the weather anyway, and Flu got her mysterious glittering mana problem on her. None of us two would be able to practice at this rate.

The school nurse also told Flu that the result of her magic circuit problem will be released tomorrow, so we are looking forward to that.

About my sickness, the school nurse prescribed pain-relieving drugs for me to drink once every morning. I will only have to continue this medication for two weeks until the pain is gone. The jolt I've been feeling was the side effect of the Medical Amnesia wearing off from my brain, and it is akin to a bandage getting ripped off from hairy skin. It was nothing serious, and my mature brain can now handle a trauma I once suffered when I was a kid.

I thought everything was doing fine but I was surprised that the next day would be the turning point that will change our world upside down.

<>

It was a good day. Miss Terror was absent, saying that she has matters to attend to, so we did not have our first period. Our second period continued smoothly, but we do not have the third and fourth periods because of some mysterious circumstances in our school. I heard there are a bunch of paperwork to be filed, so we had our early dismissal hours before the bell.

So as a result, most students have already gone home or gone to their respective clubs.

"Yaaaay! Time to practice! I'm so excited! I'm so excited! I'm so excited!" Flu dispersed her homework that are supposed to be due today like confetti.

"Hey, we have to wait for your mana circuit scan results. Professor Dekadavra told us to visit the Academy Infirmary, remember?" I said.

"But we will practice after that! I can't wait! I can't wait! I can't wait!" Flu squealed as she flailed her arms all around.

Man, Flu is so excited to practice. She must have been bummed about having been unable to run and use speed spells for these last few days. However, we have this remaining problem with her glittering magic sickness.

We do not know what really is it if it is a condition that will hinder her performance as a Speedmage or even have her stop playing completely. Well, it already had hindered Flu's performance not only in Speed Battles but to her magical classes.

I don't want to be pessimistic, but I'm afraid that the glitter effect on her magical trails has something to do that would stop her from being a Speedmage.

I just hope I'm wrong.

All of a sudden, we heard a familiar cry coming from the corridors.

"Uwoooooooooooogh!"

The ground trembles with every footstep. When the classroom door opened, we saw our sophomore panda man Cruzo who is drenched with sweat. He is carrying a piece of paper in his hand and then approached Flu and me with a sonic boom because of his sudden break.

"Coach! Flu! We have very bad news and very good news!" Cruzo shouted from the top of his lungs.

"Oh, Sir Cruzo! Good morning!" Flu jollily raised her hand. "Are you excited about the practice too?"

"I love that Flu still has the same determination and guts, but hear me out!" Cruzo hurriedly said. "What news would you like to know first? The good news or the bad news?"

"Good news first. We had enough bad news going on already." I said.

"Okay. Good news: Miss Fluonessia Asahime will now be allowed to take part in the National Speedmage Tournament!"