107TH GEAR - THE PERFECT DATE IS WHEN YOU FART TOGETHER

I was surprised too when Flu challenged me out of nowhere. But I guess I have to find out about it another day. For now, I will have to treat my awesome cute girlfriend to a celebration date, right after the National Speedmage Tournament.

This is one fine Sunday morning. The cold ocean breeze with a hint of snow blew on my face. The Eastern Beachfront has no tourists as it is still winter. Heck, it is Christmas time, and I scheduled this very day for an awesome date.

"Good morning, Jonathan~" Flu greeted me with a smile.

My adorable girlfriend is wearing a pinkish-red sweatshirt and gray skirt. A checkered blue scarf is wrapped around her neck. Her red Speedmage Shoes are also part of her fashion. It's Flu we are talking about, so Speed Battles will always be the motif whenever I date this love of mine.

"Good morning, Speedmage Champion~" I teased.

Flu blushed as she laughed and scratched her head.

"Tahahaha! Please stop calling me that, it's embarrassing!" Flu said.

"It's true though. You are the Speedmage Champion, so I will call you that for this whole date." I teasingly smiled.

"Jeez!" Flu pouted. "Just Flu is enough!"

"Hahaha." I chuckled.

"Tahaha." Flu laughed back.

We started to walk for a few minutes until we can no longer see the white sands of the beach. We reached the old residential district where there are houses and trees everywhere. Flu then walked in front of me, smiled, and offered her hand.

"Shall we?"

Without hesitation, I took her hand.

"Fluonessia Asahime... Taking off!" Flu cried as she activated her Stardust Accel to blaze through the routes we have never taken before.

It feels surreal that the clumsy no-good girl like Flu who used to crash with her experimental speed spell is now so proficient in her Stardust Accel in just a matter of almost one year. It makes me happy to see her growth as a coach and lover.

Or so I thought.

Soon, we ventured through icy trails. Flu stepped on solid flat ice, and she failed to anticipate what happened next! So we slid forward uncontrollably until we crashed on a pine tree covered in snow!

Boom!

"Owieeee." Flu cried as she rubbed her aching forehead that took the impact of the crash. Then she looked at me, whose head is currently buried in the soft snow! "Ah! Jonathan! I'm so sorry!"

"Gah!" I immediately raised my head out of the white shaved ice, gasping for breath. I almost suffocated out there!

"Tahaha! It looks like being a Speedmage Champion still makes me a failure after all! I'm sorry!" Flu gave a fake laugh as she apologetically scratched her head.

I just smiled as a reply because she took the words right out of my mouth.

My gaze suddenly turned to the north, where a trail leading uphill could be found. It has an arc that indicates the name "Cathedral Exa" in it. I guess we are on the right track.

"Oh, here it is!" Flu said jollily. "It seems that the Magical GPS is saying the right address after all!"

"So we're going uphill after all," I said with a dry smile on my face. "Let's take a walk from here. No speed spells. I can't have you slipping again in icy terrain."