79TH GEAR - GRATITUDE OF THE SPELLBLOOM FLOWERS

The two of us got swept away by the fantastic moment of running around at a super speed that we did not realize that the sun had already announced setting unto the horizon. The reddish-orange tint of the skies covered our world as we ran slower through the cool ocean breeze.

Using speed spells and running at super speed- It was the most fun thing in the world.

Both of us lie on the soft grass beside each other, our limbs stretched and spread to relax. Both of us are catching our breaths as we are now exhausted.

"Haaaah... haaaah... haaah..." I panted as I smiled. "What's the score now?"

"Haaah... haaah... I'm sorry, I never counted! Tahahaha!" Flu replied with the same expression of satisfaction.

I looked at the orange skies and finally regained my perception.

"Wow, is it late already? How long have we been playing tag?"

"I don't know. All I know is that we already exhausted all my mana. You had so much fun that you spent most of it." Flu smiled.

"I-I'm sorry," I said with a wry smile.

"It's alright, Coach! I expected to spend that much before I asked you to do it. All is well and fine!" Flu raised her clenched fist into the air and flexed her thin biceps.

The spell Flu used to grant me magical circuits is called Mana Link Synchron, which duplicates and transfers her magical circuits and experiences to me. However, there is a drawback in terms of mana resources. Since my body does not produce mana, I will have to rely on Flu's magical energy by using our magical link.

Flu's overall mana capacity is enough for three decent mages. But since I was so excited to try speed spells, I ended up using her mana too much. As a result, we're now both exhausted, but I think Flu is more exhausted than I am.

"It's a shame though. I want to run more. Tahahaha." Flu said in an exhausted laugh.

"Ditto," I said.

We both glanced at one another and exchanged smiles.

I can't believe that running around with magic was so much fun. I feel like a child again, back when I adored the Speedmages in the tournament. My dream of becoming a Speedmage was finally granted thanks to the pink-haired girl beside me.

I lifted my body and sat on the grass. When Flu saw me get up, she also sat on her knees in W position. I looked at her kind blue eyes and smiled.

"Thank you, Flu."

"Eh?" Flu tilted her head like a curious puppy. "What for?"

"Thank you for granting my dreams to use speed magic. Even if it's just temporary, and even if I cannot join a tournament like this, you still gave me a glimpse of how to become a Speedmage."

"Don't worry about it, Coach!" Flu said energetically. "I mean, this is the least I could do to return your kindness. When we were kids, you saved me from that big bad werewolf, didn't you? And you also helped me a lot when we reunited at Saint Crusade Academy. You have saved me multiple times. You gave me strength, and you also gave me a goal in life."

"Goal? What goal?" I asked.

"Becoming a Speedmage Champion!" Flu said with a smile.

"Oh, I thought I was forcing it on you," I said.

"No, not at all!" Flu shook her head. "Back before I met you for the second time, I was all depressed. I am a no-good girl and I always suck at everything I do. I just put on a brave front trying to be cheerful, but I am a mess inside. So when you said that I can become a good Speedmage, my ears clapped with joy! I said to myself, 'Finally, I can be good at something!' So I gave it my all to improve! I worked hard and gave 100%, no, 1000%, oh wait, one million percent until I can finally become a good Speedmage! So being a Speedmage Champion is my dream too!"