9TH GEAR - I DON'T PLAY HARD TO GET!

The next day, I was almost surprised that nobody was there to greet me on the beachside. Great. No wild pink idiot on the wild, that means I can commute like a normal person and not subject myself to flying towards garbage dumpsters or academy swimming pools.

I commuted by train and arrived at the school like a real normal student would. That's a sweet fresh morning for a third day.

When I arrived at the classroom, I saw several students flocking over the side. They are all talking to Fluonessia who is celebrating with a piece of paper.

"Tadaaa! I finally filled out the Speedmage Club application form!" Fluonessia celebrated.

"Oooh! So you are joining a Speedmage Club!" One of the girls asked.

"I heard that you beat one of the Speedmage Captains!" The other girl said.

"Tahaha! That's just beginner's luck." Fluonessia scratched her head in embarrassment.

"So, what Speedmage Club would you want to join?" The third girl questioned.

"I'm going to join Merry Knights!" Fluonessia answered with enthusiasm.

"Eeeeh? Isn't it like, the weakest Speedmage Club?"

"Yeah, I heard they will disband if they did not gather enough members for this year!"

"You better be joining Cool Escape Guild. Or maybe try your luck in the Eaglecrest!"

"W-Well, only the Merry Knights has given me the invitation, sooo..." Fluonessia scratched her head with a dumb smile on her face.

The senseless chatter continued, and I almost heard all of it when I sat in my seat, which is right behind Fluonessia's. The pink-haired girl immediately noticed me and greeted me with an ever-bright beam.

"Good morning, Jonathan! I'm sorry I couldn't give you a free ride today! I'm kind of excited to submit my application form, so forgive me!" Fluonessia prayed.

"Yeah, yeah, okay," I said uncaringly. 

I wanted to add that I'm glad that she didn't offer me a free ride again because I will certainly refuse.

As I laid my face on the desk, I heard the whispers of Fluonessia's friends talking about me.

"Hey, isn't that the magicless person who enrolled in the academy?" One girl muttered.

"Yeah. I heard that he only got admitted to this school of mages because of his father who is also a professor of this school."

"Gross. I never would have thought that even a magicless can step foot in this school."

"Hey, stop it!"

I was taken aback when somebody shouted and stood for me. When I raised my head, I saw Fluonessia's back. Her long pink hair swayed as the air from the windows greeted it.

"Huh?" One of the girls gasped.

"Take it back!" Fluonessia angrily said.

"What?"

"I said take it back!" Fluonessia roared.

"What are you talking about?"

"Jonathan is an awesome person! Even if he's not a mage, he is still kind and friendly! We barely know each other, but he helped me whenever I needed it! So stop talking trash at him and take back your words!"

Fluonessia might have raged in her words, but I find her adorable at this moment. A ditzy soft person like her is not suited to do sermons like these, especially to her fellow girls. It kind of makes her the bad girl here.