76TH GEAR - USELESS PREZ VS PINK IDIOT, THE REMATCH

"Fluonessia Asahime, I challenge you to a Speed Battle!"

It was a bright peaceful Saturday morning with no classes. The weather is fine and perfect for practice. We just came to the Merry Knights Guild Building via Fluonessia Express, and I have low blood pressure, especially since it's still seven AM. I would understand it if Flu was the one executing the challenge, but for some reason, it was the Useless President who is full of energy.

Ericka was already in her Speedmage Suit when she asked for a Speed Battle out of the blue. Her index finger is even pointed at the pink-haired idiot, and her other hand is holding her waist.

"E-Eh?" Flu's eyes widened in shock. "P-Prez?"

"It's been one month since you discovered Stardust Magic, isn't that right? There is only one more month before you face Vincent Shadowseek, and I am here to oversee if you improved!" Ericka said with a determined smile.

"Wait, wait, wait. How is this Speed Battle different from our normal practice?" I joined the conversation. "I mean, she always does Speed Battle with you on a daily basis."

"That was for the training, Coach. This is different." Ericka waved her index finger at me. "And this time, you should be out of the game. I want to test out if Flu is a formidable Speedmage to fight Vincent. And I shall see to it that she is ready to face Lilith once the National Speedmage Tournament begins."

"Huh?" I uttered. "This doesn't make any sense!"

Almost all of a sudden, Flu pumped her fists and smiled. "I accept your challenge, Prez!"

"Are you sure about that?" I asked Flu. "Can you fight a Speed Battle without my support?"

"It's okay, Coach!" Flu said with a smile as she gently caressed the winged hairpin on her hair. "Even if you are not my navigator for this fight, I can still feel your support."

Seeing Flu hold those hairpins dearly makes my heart beat a lot faster. I can feel my cheeks getting beet red too, so I tried turning away. But then I saw Ericka's smug face.

"What makes you smug, Useless Prez?"

"Nothing~" Ericka shook her head. "I just think you two both look cute together."

Flu and I blushed upon hearing those remarks. To avoid the awkwardness of the atmosphere, Flu raised her arms and shouted out loud.

"I-I'm going to get changed! Stardust Accel!"

Fwooom! Flu disappeared almost instantly as she went to the dressing room. Now, Ericka and I are just alone in the lobby.

I scratched my head and averted the Useless Prez's teasing smile and gaze.

"Let's just go set up the Checkpoint Towers," I said.

Just before I could exit the building, Ericka called my attention.

"Oh, Coach! I will not need your insults for this fight too. I want to gauge myself how long I can hold the pressure and fear. I bet I can now finish a single Speed Battle without vomiting my breakfast!" Ericka pumped her fist.

"And what if you can't hold it?" I coldly asked.

"Then I will swallow it and endure it until the end~," Ericka said with a peaceful and adorable smile.

"Don't go smiling like that when talking about gross things!" I cried.

<>

I have finished setting up the Checkpoint Towers and fixing our other miscellaneous equipment. I had the latecomer Cruzo be the referee for this match, and now he is positioned near the 1st Checkpoint Tower.