109TH GEAR - MY DREAM SPEED BATTLE

109TH GEAR – MY DREAM SPEED BATTLE

"I'm back here again."

I muttered as I gazed around the empty audience seats and the viewing stage. I am at the center of the Triangle, looking at the perfect blue skies. Somehow, being in the Triangle of the Grand Arena gives me a kind of thrill I never experienced before.

During the National Speedmage Tournament, I never had the chance to appreciate the beauty of the Grand Arena. It is usually filled with the loud crowd cheering for their idolized Speedmages. I often view from the crowd, and having Flu participate in the Nationals gave me a chance to witness Speedbattles in the viewing deck exclusive for navigators.

"So, are you good? Is my old Speedmage Suit and Shoes a little loose on you?"

My father is checking my whole body from head to toe. He was a bit worried when I asked him to lend me his old Speedmage equipment, but now that I have worn it, he realized that it wasn't so bad after all.

"It's a little loose, but still comfortable, nonetheless. I will just need to use some belts, and I'm good to go." I said as I adjusted my collar.

My Speedmage Suit is something edgy from modern fantasy games that can be played on Magical gaming consoles. I have a long black coat with fire-red decals and a red shirt underneath it. I also have specialized jeans which are coated with magical protection.

For my Speedmage Shoes, it is the Adarna Proto Model, which is the pioneer of the Garuda and Minokawa Series. It is a red pair of shoes with spiky wings and black linings. Just like Flu's Minokawa Type S, these shoes are best suited for Counters.

Suddenly, my father and my mother who was right beside him the whole time started to cry.

"I can't believe it! My poor Jonathan! He is now a Speedmage!" My mother wiped her tears with her white face towel.

"My foolish son's hopes and dreams... are now within the reach of his hand! I am so happy!" My foolish father cried.

"You guys are talking as if I am going to die." I cringed.

Meanwhile, I saw groups of people enter the empty Grand Arena seats. It's not just random groups of people, they are all familiar with me. The three Speedmage Captains of the Cool Escape: Tezza Flaschk, Haruka Firangel, and Liri Fontaine is here. Not only that but President Levi of Eaglecrest has made his appearance.

What surprised me is that even Vincent and Justine Shadowseek were with the Eaglecrest President.

"Vince?" I exclaimed.

"Yo!"

"Why are you here? I thought you went to Yamato?"

"I did. Did you forget that I can teleport?" Vincent said with an arrogant smirk.

"But what about your mother?" I asked.

"She will be fine. We will just be away for a couple of hours. Besides, I can't let this event pass." Vincent leaned his elbow on the rail and smiled. "When I heard from Fluonessia Asahime that you will be fighting her, I can't contain my excitement. I am still intrigued by how your girlfriend managed to grant your impossible dream, but I want to see it with my own eyes."

"I'm not a bona fide Speedmage. I'm pretty sure I'm forbidden to take part in official matches." I said.

"It doesn't matter. Everyone is excited to see you play as a Speedmage." Captain Tezza said.

"Well, I will do my best. Don't be disappointed if I end up losing though. My fight is against the current National Speedmage Champion, and my chances of winning are slim." I said.