68TH GEAR - STARDUST OF EVOLUTION

Merry Knights Guild Building.

We just arrived here, and the haunted hospital vibes would not go away. There is only Flu and me in this club lobby, and we are endlessly staring at the cracked walls without uttering a word. There was an awkward silence between us, and whenever one of us would look at each other, the other would just avert his or her gaze.

"U-Um..."

Flu finally broke the silence.

"I-I'm sorry for butting in the conversation, Jonathan. I was rude to just go in between you and the duke."

"No, it's alright, Flu," I said as I stood up and smiled at the pink-haired friend of mine. "I am actually glad that you were there for me. I never would have thought that his power of shit-talking is way above my level. If it weren't for you, I might be bawling my eyes right now."

"Tahahaha... I just did what I think a good friend would do." Flu embarrassingly scratched her reddish cheek.

"Thank you, Flu. " I went closer to her and patted her head. "I am so glad that you were there for me."

"D-Don't mention it, Tehehehe..." Flu nervously laughed and her cheeks were getting a lot redder every second.

As I rubbed the silky-smooth pink hair of my friend, I noticed that she is now wearing the wing hairpins I gave to her when I was a kid. I also noticed the embers of determination lit aflame in her blue eyes when we had eye contact. And that is when I realized that this adorable girl has a hidden coolness on her side.

"You're wearing that wings again, huh?" I muttered with a smile.

All of a sudden, Flu pouted. Did I just make her angry?

"Jeez, Jon! I wore these hairpins since this morning! In fact, I even wore this yesterday! And now you just noticed!?" Flu angrily said.

"Ack!"

I took a step back. I was so surprised and scared as if a cute dog just snarled at me. I immediately clasped my hands and prayed while giving an apologetic smile.

"I-I'm sorry, Flu! I was sick yesterday, so I failed to notice it. And today... well, my mind was just troubled by so many things that I may have ignored those hairpins. I'm sorry!" I bowed.

"Apology accepted!" Flu adorably tilted her head with a smile on her face.

That gesture was so cute that it made my heart race. In fact, I feel like my heart just had an anaerobic exercise. I also have this tingly feeling in my chest. I had the urge to pat her head once again, so I made a step forward.

My hand reached for her hair, and then...

"Uwoooooooooogh!"

Somebody ruined the moment as a wild panda appeared! He stomped his foot to brake from his Earth Accel, and now the wind blasted to our faces!

"C-Cruzo!?" I uttered as I immediately withdrew my hand.

"You two are so awesome back there!" Cruzo cried. "I knew it! I knew that you two have determination and guts with you! Uwoooooogh! I feel like a proud big brother!"

Ericka has also entered the Merry Knights Lobby, and she is with her sister Professor Azure, and even the school nurse Professor Dekadavra. They all had this smirk on their faces, except for the school nurse who have this creepy drooling smile.

"I never thought you two would just talk down to Count Gaylord Draculus like that," Ericka said. "And in front of so many people."

"Ah! I'm sorry if I was rude!" Flu cried and bowed over and over again.