86TH GEAR - AN EMERGENCY FIRST DATE

"Congratulations, my foolish son." My father offered his hand to me. "I am so proud of you."

This is the very first time my father said that he was proud of me, and it is enough to bring me to tears. But I have to keep my face as an aloof cool guy and swallowed all my emotions. I just gave him a simple smile and shook his hand.

"Thank you, father. I mean, foolish father." I said.

Both of us scoffed and it turned into a chuckle. I find it awkward and weird that my father is proud of me for being a coach. Out of eighteen years of my existence, all I felt from my family are their plastic smiles. I know that they are disappointed for me being born as a mutant who cannot use any magic, but they kept on smiling whenever I'm with them.

This time for sure, I can safely say that my father's smile is true.

"So, what are you planning to do in your future?" My father asked.

"Huh?" I tilted my head and frowned in confusion.

"I mean yes, you have your mercantile course ongoing here in this school. But now that you discovered your talent in coaching, you might consider being a professional once you graduate." My father said.

My father is a professional coach right now, working on different Speedmage companies to promote big houses. Speed Battles are booming for their entertainment value, and this is his sideline aside from being a Professor at Saint Crusade Academy.

I looked at the ground and smiled. "I don't know yet. For now, my main goal is to make Flu the National Speedmage Champion. Of course, I will balance my academics and extracurriculars, but I am not thinking that far in the future right now."

"That's a great answer. I'm sure a lot of doors will open for you once Fluonessia Asahime becomes the National Speedmage Champion."

My father gently tapped on my shoulder, and then he started to walk away to meet with Professor Azure. Meanwhile, the most beautiful girl in the world waved her hand at me, her long pink hair dancing as she sprint closer.

"Jonathaaan!"

"Flu!"

Flu stopped right in front of me and projected a cute dumb smile. "We won! Tehehehe!"

"Yeah. Congratulations on beating the legendary Speedmage." I started to pat Flu's head.

"Hey, can we join too?" Cruzo and Ericka asked as they approached us.

"Sure," I said.

Both Cruzo and Ericka petted Flu's top head.

"Congratulations, Flu! I am so proud that you are the ace of the Merry Knights!" Ericka cried with joy. "You are the best member the Guild ever had!"

"Uwooooooogh! You are the goddess of determination, guts, and love! I will call you Queen Flu from now on!" Cruzo hollered out loud.

"Tahaha! Thanks, Prez! Thanks, Sir Cruzo!" Flu grinned ear to ear.

Ericka then stopped patting my girlfriend's hair and then jumped in front of me. "Hey, Coach! Don't you think Flu is so adorable and gorgeous?"

"W-Well, yeah." I blushed and turned away. I find it incredibly embarrassing to talk about my girlfriend in front of our Useless President.

Meanwhile, Cruzo beamed a smile at Flu and gave her a thumbs up. "Hey, Flu! Don't you think Coach is cool and handsome?"

"Ah! U-Ummm, yes..." Flu fidgeted due to embarrassment, and her face was strawberry red.