43RD GEAR - REGIONAL SPEEDMAGE TOURNAMENT OPENING

The day is finally here: the Regional Speedmage Tournament. All the big schools in the central region are allowed to participate. It is a biannual event that is something to look forward to.

The venue is a humongous arena that could fit ten football fields inside. The ground is filled with soft low grass that is possibly grown with the help of magic. The Checkpoint Towers are also international grade as they are glowing brightly with neon lights even if it is still a bright morning.

The towering arena stage is now filled with people who are excited to watch this biannual event. There are even stalls on the top of the stage that sells snacks such as hotdogs, fries, and even some Eastern cuisine such as ramen and dumplings. The place is already loud even if the tournament is yet to start, but nothing beats the loudness of my classmate's mouth.

"Whoaaaaaaa! This is awesome!" Flu squealed as she looked around with wide eyes and pumped her fists over and over again. "This is the real Speedmage Tournament, isn't it? Isn't it!?"

"Of course. It would be a problem if it wasn't." I made a side comment.

"Yes! Of course! Of course! Woaaaahaaaaa! There are even stalls in here!" Flu jumped from stall to stall due to excitement.

I get that Flu is so hyped up for her debut Speedmage Tournament. I was excited too when my father brought me here in this arena over a decade ago. But Flu's excitement is over the top. She seemed to be a hyperactive kid who sniffed whole sugar crystals through her nose.

Speaking of being hyped up, Flu is not the only one.

"Whooooooo! There are bacon shawarmas here!" Cruzo celebrated at the top of his lungs as he looked at the stall which sells loads and loads of bacon dishes.

"H-Hey, watch it. Don't eat too much before the start of the match." Ericka sermoned.

Because of Ericka's torturing- I mean, tutoring, Cruzo was able to get a passing grade on his remedial exams. Cruzo only missed a few days of practice as a result, but those are trivial. I bet our favorite fat panda is in top condition right now, as long as he does not stuff himself with food.

"Kyaaaaa! Speedmage Tournaments are the best!" Flu shouted out loud while flailing her arms up in the skies!

"That's right, Flu! Bacon Shawarmas on Speedmage Tournaments are the best!" Cruzo also flailed his arms like an idiot.

Prez gave a deep sigh as she held her aching forehead. "I would want to disown you guys for being too noisy, but Merry Knights would get disbanded so I have no choice." She muttered.

"Are you pressured just because they are noisy?" I asked Prez.

"A little."

I gently tapped her forehead with my clipboard. I also have my magical tablet tucked in, so it was kind of a heavy hit to her.

"Ouch!" Ericka cried.

"Don't you dare start puking on me, Useless Prez." I said coldly.

"Jeez! I won't if you do your job properly!" Ericka pouted.

I looked at the pink idiot and the panda man who are still in their worlds; celebrating their feelings of excitement.

"Speed Battles! Speed Battles! Speed Battles!" Flu cheered with her clenched fists going up and down.

"Shawarma! Shawarma! Shawarma!" Cruzo is doing the same idiotic cheering gesture.

"Heeey, let's go, you two. We have to look at the matchups." I said to them.