49TH GEAR - ATTACK PATTERN ULTIMATE OMEGA!

Fweeeeeeeet!

This is the second day of the Regional Speedmage Tournament. The echo of the whistle rebounds around the arena as the start of the Second Round commences. It may be a stroke of luck or just pure coincidence, but Flu's match is right at the very first. It was the most beneficial for us as Flu was able to sleep early yesterday, and she has her full energy for this Speed Battle.

"Wind Accel!" Flu touched her shoes, and a strong gust of wind boosted her run!

"Psycho Accel!" The opponent Yurika Frembell had a split-second late start with his psychic magic. The moment the Psycho Accel activated, the opponent floated via telekinesis!

Fluo's opponent: Yurika Frembell is a girl with purple hair tied in twin buns. She is wearing a red and gold oriental dress that served as her Speedmage Suit, and her Speedmage Shoes is the Cyclops model- a pair of purple boots with a creepy eye on its toe cap. Cyclops are optimized for Striker Speedmages because of their incredible control, but it sucks in terms of speed.

"Flu, don't engage in a tag fight and focus on scoring by the Checkpoint Towers!" I spoke through the mic.

"Yes, Coach!" Flu happily answered. I guess she had a good night's rest to have that kind of energy.

Since Counters can beat Strikers in terms of speed, we will utilize it to win this fight.

After a few seconds, the pink contrail managed to close in the 2nd Checkpoint Tower!

Beep!

Point for Fluonessia, at 1:0!

"Now go for the next one!" I said.

"Yes, Coach!" Flu said as she drifted around the 2nd Checkpoint Tower and then continued to run with her Wind Accel!

Yurika was just three seconds behind, and she managed to touch the 2nd Checkpoint Tower.

Beep!

Point for Yurika, now tied at 1:1!

I have never seen lots of Speedmages using psychic magic as their accel spell, but I just realized that Yurika's movements are more precise even though it lacks speed. Because she is floating via midair and is controlled by her mind, her control over her turns, maneuvers, and dashes would be like playing a video game just by using your brain.

"Hahaha! That's not all Yurika can do, magicless one."

A deep voice entered my right ear. It was the opponent's navigator, General El Torro. He is a well-known esper and a military officer of a small nation. He is even wearing his brown military uniform with several stars on it.

General El Torro is a macho man in his mid-forties, and he has this square jawline that looked like he can have a chomping contest with an alligator. His face is a little bit wrinkled, and the most terrifying thing on his face is his glowing purple eyes.

Wait, how did he know that I am magicless?

"I can read your mind, magicless one. And that is also one of the many psychic abilities of Yurika. She can read Fluonessia Asahime's mind." General El Torro said to me.

Well, that will be a problem! I won't be able to give commands to Flu without hiding my plans against the opponent!

"That is right, Jonathan Wardenorth. I know that you are the key to Fluonessia Asahime's win during the first round. Whatever your plan is, I will know it, and I will have a counter for it." The psychic general said.

Shit! This creepy old man had me cornered!

"I am not a creepy old man!" General El Torro cried. That's what he gets for reading my mind.