31ST GEAR - FRIENDLY FIRE TRASH TALK

Our useless president has finally come out from the restroom, and now she is equipped with her new Speedmage Suit. Unlike her old Speedmage suit which has a white and blue motif, this time she is wearing a black bodysuit with white detachable sleeves and a white magician's upper robe. The black bodysuit shows her exquisite slender body shape of a supermodel.

If only she was not wearing that "USELESS PREZ" nametag, she would be a real head-turner, at least in a good way.

"Ugh, do I really have to wear this?" Ericka groaned.

Cruzo, Flu, and I smiled at each other. We know the rules of the punishment. Prez is supposed to wear that name tag until the end of the joint training camp. It's beyond the power of us three to remove it for her.

"You can remove it for this match if you want."

When we looked at the source of the familiar voice, we saw the tall dark woman with silver eyes. Captain Tezza made her appearance and approached us all set with her blue Speedmage Suit.

"You see, I wanted to fight the president of the Merry Knights on her full strength. I can't have you getting a handicap just because you are wearing that absurdly huge nametag." Captain Tezza held her hips and smiled.

"Don't mind if I do then," Prez said as she removed the nametag and passed it to Cruzo. Then she stretched her arms with relief. "Aaah! This feels good!"

"Let's get to our starting positions, shall we?" Captain Tezza said.

"Yes."

As soon as we heard Ericka's affirmation, the two competing Speedmages immediately went to the 1st Checkpoint Tower. The referee talked to them for a bit before the two senior Speedmages went to their ready positions.

"Will Prez be alright?" I worriedly asked.

"I dunno. If she ends up dueling a high-profile Speedmage like Captain Tezza, she might lose it in the middle of the match." Cruzo said those words with a defeated smile. "All we can believe in her now is her determination and guts!"

Judging from her last Speed Battle with Vincent the Teleporter, she will definitely last at least five minutes before vomiting out of pressure. She's lucky that Flu was there to take the spotlight while she puked her breakfast on the side. This is not good.

"Prez will be alright!" Flu pumped her fists then she shouted out loud to cheer our President. "You can do it, Prez!"

I saw Prez gulp when she heard Flu's cheer. I don't know if that cheer adds to her confidence or pressure, or maybe both. She's afraid of being humiliated in front of so many people.

The referee finally raised his hand. Both Speedmages went to their final ready positions. Captain Tezza seemed to be composed, but Ericka seemed to be trying hard to remain calm.

"On your marks... Get set... Go!"

Fweeeeeeet!

"Lightning Accel!"

"Ice Accel!"

Both Speedmages dashed forward with their speed spells, racing towards the 2nd Checkpoint Tower! Captain Tezza's contrail streaks are blue lightning, while Prez's contrail streaks are light blue ice!

Since Captain Tezza is a Speedster Class Speedmage, her superior speed makes her lead the way!

On the other hand, since Prez is a Striker, it would be foolish if we turn it into a drag race. We have to do the standard practice once they both touch the 2nd Checkpoint Tower!