80TH GEAR - SMART ADVICE FROM A FOOLISH FATHER

It's midnight.

I am laying on my bed, unable to sleep. I occasionally find myself raising my clenched fist in midair, celebrating like an idiot. I never thought Fluonessia's confession would impact my mind this much. All I can think about is her.

I rolled to the left. I rolled to the right. It doesn't matter as my mind is wide awake. If I try to clear my mind, I will realize that I was grinning ear to ear fifteen seconds later. I guess this must be love.

"This is not good. I have an early class tomorrow." I muttered to myself.

Tomorrow is Monday, and that means I will meet Flu once again. Scratch that, we almost meet every day, even on Sundays like these. I can hardly wait for morning to come and see her adorable smile.

"Hup." I raised my body.

I know I would not be able to sleep at this rate, so I have to distract myself from thinking about love. I looked left and right and saw the portable magnetic whiteboard at my desk. I stood up and turned the lights on, and then grabbed the whiteboard and the notes I copied from the Speedmage Tactics book.

The only thing that can distract me from thinking about Fluonessia is pondering about Speed Battle strategies.

My room is on the second floor, and we have an open balcony on the third floor. I decided to go up there with my magic tablet. I sat next to the railing and had a great view of the beach and the night skies full of stars.

I am worried about Flu's incoming battle against Vincent the Teleporter. There are roughly three weeks left before the judgment time. And there are also two months left before the National Speedmage Tournament. I also have to come up with a plan to defeat Lilith Nightshade.

I put two magnets on the magnetic whiteboard that has the diagram of a Triangle. I put them on the 1st Checkpoint Tower and started my visualization strategy. I pictured the pink magnet as Fluonessia, and the white magnet as Vincent.

"Now, what would Vincent do?" I asked myself.

Vincent is a Speedster, so naturally he would try to touch as many Checkpoint Towers as much as possible. I moved the white magnet ahead to the 2nd Checkpoint Tower. I do not know yet how much Flu's Stardust Accel would fare with Vincent's Photon Accel, but I guess Flu must have at least gotten 80% of the distance covered.

Now, what would my strategy be once Flu touched the 2nd Checkpoint Tower? Should I go with the Phoenix Arrow tactic since Vincent is a Speedster? Or should I utilize Flu's Stardust Accel to build up speed and have a drag race?

And if we fail to stop Vincent from implanting Teleporter Swords from each Checkpoint Tower, what should we do to counter Omnitouch? It's not like Flu can use Aether Switch in a wide range like Lilith. We will also have a problem once Vincent uses the Land of Swords.

I scratched my head. Just thinking about this makes me troubled.

All of a sudden, I heard a familiar deep masculine voice.

"Rocket Jump."

A huge macho man with black hair and brown eyes immediately landed on the third-floor balcony, just next to me. He had his feet coated with flames to jump from below. At first, I would think it was Cruzo since their macho body build was almost similar, but this guy is bigger and Cruzo cannot jump that high even with magic.

"What is my foolish son doing here on the balcony in the middle of the night?" My father, Flint Wardenorth said.

"What is my foolish father sneaking up to the third floor in the middle of the night?" I asked back with a cringe.