91ST GEAR - PIGGYBACK ACCEL IS THE BEST!

Fweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

The referee blows the whistle, indicating the end of the most epic Speed Battle I have ever participated in and witnessed.

"Match over! The score is 202:182! The winner is Fluonessia Asahime!"

The crowd went wild upon hearing the announcement. Everybody clapped, most of them cheered, and some hopped with joy. I just realized that the Merry Knights training grounds have been populated by students and teachers even from other clubs. The Journalist Club started taking their pictures with annoying flashes, the Cheerleading Club danced in celebration of Vincent's final Speed Battle, and the Fireworks Club magus started casting their noisy explosive spells.

I would easily mistake this for a festival if I was not involved in this activity.

I looked beside me, and I saw Justine sighing in relief. He removed his telepathic headset and then smiled at me.

"Good game. You and Fluonessia gave the best Speed Battle we have ever fought." Justine lent out his hand.

"Nice fight. Let's play again if destiny permits us to cross paths in the future." I said as I took his hand and shook it.

I looked back at the Triangle and saw my girlfriend and my old best friend shaking their hand as a form of sportsmanship. Then, with their respective Accel-type speed spells, they rushed back towards the viewing deck where navigators like Justine, me, and the VIPs are situated.

"Haaaaah..." Flu gave a relieved sigh. She has exhausted her physical, mental, and magical strengths that I can feel her energy fading. She might fall asleep any second now.

The first ones to welcome Flu were Ericka and Cruzo.

"Uwoooooooooogh! You are so awesome right there, Flu! You showed us the true meaning of determination, guts, and love! Uwoooooooogh!" Cruzo cried as he repeatedly pumped his fists.

"I am so proud of you, Flu! Finally, somebody from the Merry Knights defeated that smug teleporting chicken! I love love love you, Flu!" Ericka's crimson-purple eyes gave a hint of tears as she jumped and hugged the exhausted Fluonessia.

"Tahahaha! It was just luck!" Flu gave an embarrassed laugh as she scratched her head. I guess she is still as humble as ever.

Vincent smiled as he watch the Merry Knights celebrate. He crossed his arms and then nodded as if he is thinking of something inside his head. He noticed me staring at him, so he gave me a satisfied beam.

"Thank you, Jon, for doing the impossible. Now that you two have defeated me, there is no doubt in my mind that you will win the National Speedmage Tournament. However..."

"However?" I tilted my head.

"Lilith Nightshade is another story. Fluonessia Asahime may be the fastest woman alive, but that witch has dirty tricks and tactics on their sleeves. Speed Battles cannot be won by speed alone. Watch out for her and that old gay vampire." Vincent said.

"That is my job as a coach and a navigator, so you do not have to tell me," I said with a smile.

"Heh. Of course, you will beat them too." Vincent scoffed.

The Ex-Speedmage Champion looked at the towers, the medieval-style buildings, and the grounds of Saint Crusade Academy through the edge of the viewing deck. He saw the students, the teachers, and the other Speedmages cheering for him and waving their hands at them. His die-hard fans are still supporting him even at the bitter end.

I stood near at the railing while Vincent beside me waved his hands to the crowd.

"You know, I will miss this place. But you lovebirds gave me satisfaction in my entire existence. I no longer have any regrets... except for one thing." Vincent muttered.