58TH GEAR - THE GRAND FINALS

58TH GEAR – THE GRAND FINALS

We did not finish the tournament's ceremony yesterday. As soon as Flu's Speed Battle was concluded, the whole Merry Knights accompanied Flu until we reached her house in the Eastern Islands. Flu was murmuring "I'm sorry" the whole time with an apologetic smile on her face, so we decided it was best for her to be alone for now.

I know I am not the one to talk because I was not the one who lost the Speed Battle, but as her navigator and coach, I was disappointed in the outcome of the match. Lilith Nightshade is too dirty of an opponent and takes away the fun of Speed Battles. I know I am not the only one feeling this hate in my heart, as I have seen from the audience that time that they did not enjoy what happened.

If players always exploit the rules to win and play dirty, Speed Battle will cease as an entertainment sport. For example, the dying industry of boxing nowadays is just about scoring and not having a good fight compared to the plays of the past. Speed Battles are well known for their awesome display of magic in a race or a tag fight, and those contrail streaks coming from the Speedmages are the cherry on top that makes it amazing.

During the last match, Lilith hardly even used her Shadow Accel and made the match one-sided. Aside from that, she has always inflicted terror on her opponents- the fear of being helpless. Lilith has completely controlled her opponents only ending the scores at 0:1 like she was only playing her opponents even though she can still get more points.

I'm actually scared that Speedmages will soon resort to this tactic if they found Lilith's strategy is the most effective. If that happens, all Speed Battles will be one-sided, and the first person who reaches the Checkpoint Tower wins. I would hate that kind of sport.

However, there is nothing we can do. That is how the game is played, and we can only hope and cross our fingers that Lilith's tactics crumble for the final round.

But there's a huge part of me that blames myself. My lack of experience, my inability to use magic, and my deficiency as a good coach certainly troubled my mind. What if I had more experience? What if I am a Speedmage who can cast magic? What if I was a good coach? Could we win against Lilith? Was there any other way that the match could have turned out?

If only Flu has a proper coach other than me, would she win that Speed Battle?

<>

It was a brand new morning and the last day of the Regional Speedmage Tournament. While waiting for someone at the Eastern beachside, I was reading the score sheet that indicates yesterday's match.

As expected, Vincent the Teleporter won the Semifinals against the Cool Escape Captain Liri Fontaine with a score of 78:12. As usual, he overwhelmed his opponents with his teleportation magic. He's the kind of guy who would show off how many points he can do, which is completely different from Lilith's tactic.

Now that the Finals have come, Vincent will be facing Lilith for the Regional Championship's 1st Place. I am certainly hoping for Vincent to win even though he beat Ericka. At least Vincent won with awesome showmanship unlike that bitch Lilith who only knows how to play with her meal and eat her opponents who have succumbed to despair.

The Speedmage who gets a Bronze Medal has been decided. And sadly, Flu did not make it. The criteria for making it to the 3rd Place is the player in the Semifinals with the higher average score. By any means, Flu has made a decent score during her matches. The only thing that dragged her score down was her match against Lilith, in which she got zero points. That is one more reason to hate that witch.

"Good morning, Jon!" It was a cheerful yet soft voice.

I put down the score sheet and looked at the woman in front of me. It was Flu, in her white summer dress attire. Her blue eyes are twinkling, and she got this usual bright smile on her lips. It was the usual Fluonessia that I know, which is completely different from her gloomy atmosphere yesterday.