87TH GEAR - IT'S ALL ABOUT AXOLOTLS AND FLASHBANGS

After riding the train for one and a half hours, we finally made it to the Dragon Festival. Since it is still daytime, there are only a few people around. I bet people will come flooding in when the sun sets.

It was almost lunchtime when we arrived. We looked for restaurants to eat at first. We had a good plate of maggi goreng and dragon fruit ice cream, Flu's favorite. Since we are forbidden to talk about Speed Battles, our chosen topic mostly falls on animes we watched. Having an otaku girlfriend like Flu is bliss, as she is a complete chatterbox that never runs out of topics. She is even knowledgeable about hentai, but I will not touch on that topic.

After lunch, we started to walk around to check some stalls. On the way, we found a stall that has a huge aquarium of axolotls, and there is a magical crane that can be controlled by a joystick to capture one. I think it is a popular crane magic game for kids where you get to keep the axolotl as a pet.

There was a kid who was struggling to catch one, and he is quite depressed. Flu immediately approached the kid and smiled.

"Don't worry, kid! Big sis will catch one for you!" Flu said as she puffed her chest.

Flu gave a coin to the game master, and then she grabbed the joystick. The crane moved and tried to grab one of the axolotls, but the axolotl evaded!

To our surprise, the axolotl opened its mouth and talked!

"Stooopid!"

"Ah, Mister Agumon talked!" Flu gasped in surprise!

Wait, why did the axolotl talk? And why is Flu naming the axolotl Agumon? It's not even close!

"Stoooopid!" The axolotl said once again.

"A-Are you calling me stupid, Mister Agumon?" Flu asked.

"Stoooopid!" The axolotl answered.

"Wow, rude much! I may be stupid, but you should not call people like that out of the blue!"

Flu pouted with her cheeks puffed. Her face is now red because of anger, and steam is coming out from her head. She made a heavy stomp to the ground and than pumped her fists out of hatred.

"That's it! I am going to catch you, Mister Agumon!"

Flu gave another penny to the game master and then tried the joystick once again. For the second time, the magical crane missed, and the axolotl sneered at her!

"Stooopid!" The axolotl said.

"Ah! Stop calling me stupid! Hnnnnnnngh!"

Flu cried as she gave another penny to the game master and had another try on the crane machine. For the third time, Flu's attempt failed and the axolotl teased her once again.

"Failuuuuure!" The axolotl laughed.

"Grah!" Flu scratched her head vigorously as she opened out her pouch to get more money!

But instead of getting a coin, she now proceeded to grab a bill and gave it to the game master!

"One hundred tries, please!" Flu said.

"O-Okay." The game master forcibly nodded.

I wanted to stop Flu from doing this stupid thing, but it was already too late. My girlfriend has already made up her mind, and I know very well that she will do whatever it takes just to achieve her goal!

Flu pumped her fists and smiled with cemented resolve. There was a glint in her blue eyes, a sign of unwavering determination that I can only see when she participates in a Speed Battle.