36TH GEAR - PIGGYBACKS, AWARDS, AND AN OVERKILL

During the last second, everything was clear from the point of view of Flu. She was literally above Captain Haruka at that time, and she knew that the distance between them was just one meter.

Even if Flu is already that close to Captain Haruka's back, Captain Haruka did not use Bloodfire Nitro to blast away. There might be two reasons: first, she might miss touching the last Checkpoint Tower if she cast a boosting spell that close. And second, she might have run out of mana. She has already used her full power on that Bloodfire Accel in an attempt to reach the checkpoint.

Flu was able to see the opportunity to strike Captain Haruka's back instead of racing towards the Checkpoint Tower. Her fingers made a swift touch to the opponent's left rear, and the repelling effect of both protective magical barriers launched the two away from the last Checkpoint Tower as the timer goes zero!

Beep!

A pink magical circle point indicator manifested on Captain Haruka's back! And then-

Fweeeeeeeeet!

The referee blew the whistle and raised his hand.

"Game set! The score is 6:5! The winner of this match is Fluonessia Asahime!"

The crowd cheered upon witnessing the end of a nail-biting match! It was a spectacular game that earned praise from Speedmages around us. They are adoring the pink-haired miracle princess and her awesome display of speed spells!

"Haaah."

Captain Tezza sighed next to me. He looked at me with a satisfied smile and approached.

"I admit defeat, Mister Wardenorth. Miss Asahime may be a rookie, but you made her play like a pro. You really are the son of your father."

"Thanks. Good game!" I smiled.

"Nice fight." Captain Tezza waved and then left.

As soon as Captain Tezza exited the scene, I saw Flu walking towards me. She is sweating and gasping for air like a dog. Her tongue is even out while she draws breath. I'm pretty sure she needs my help, so I immediately ran toward her.

"Flu!"

"I did it, Coach! I did it!" Flu energetically waved her hand. But then she immediately tripped on her foot! "Wah!"

"Watch out!" I immediately caught her before her face kisses the ground.

I realized that my right hand accidentally touched her soft breast, but she did not pay any mind. She just smiled at me like a kid, still celebrating her victory against the Bloodfire Captain. Flu clenched her fists and tried to raise them in the air, but she was too exhausted. All she can do now is smile.

"Tahahaha. I'm sorry, coach. I exhausted all my stamina, so you will have to carry me to the bench. I'm such a failure after all."

"You're not a failure. You are a winner." I said as I softly let go of her body before she notices my hand on her breast. I sat down and gave her a piggyback carry.

"Tahahaha. Thank you, coach. That win is for you too."

I felt Flu's arms tighten, and her face was so close that I could feel her breathing on my neck. I lifted the pink-haired Speedmage and started walking until...

It took mere three seconds until I realized that Flu was already sleeping on my back.

She did her 100%, no, more than that. She exceeded her stamina's limits just by doing those nightly training of ours and having a stressful Speed Battle the next day. She took the matches seriously while having fun doing it. Of course, she would be tired. She deserves this rest so I will just let her get her sleep.