8TH GEAR - THE CUP NOODLE DISASTER

"Achoo!"

It's finally the end of the second day of classes, and I'm still feeling sick after that incident this morning. I feel like I'll be getting a cold once I got home.

This cold is the fault of none other than the idiot sitting right in front of me. When Fluonessia launched me into the air, I flew upwards and crashed into the open swimming pool of the academy. Good thing the lifeguard there managed to immediately rescue me, and I never got sent to Miss Terror.

But in return, I had to attend the whole day of class with my clothes half-wet. The magical dryer here in the academy was sent for maintenance, so I had to wear my chillingly cold uniform for the rest of the day.

The bell rang a minute ago, and my classmates has already divided into small clusters of groups. Most are preparing to go home already. I'm just gathering my strength to pack up my things, but then the pink-haired girl shifted my attention.

"U-Um..."

Fluonessia finally turned to me with an apologetic smile. She clasped her hands and prayed for forgiveness.

"I'm sorry for this morning! I'm so so sorry!"

"Fine, apology accepted," I said in a bored tone while glaring at her. "Don't you ever do that again."

"I will! Thank you for accepting my apology!" Fluonessia bowed vigorously over and over.

This will serve as a lesson for me not to take a cute girl's hand when walking at the beachside. Especially when I'm going to school. I know inside myself that I don't want to be involved with this clumsy idiot from now on.

"Ah! I know!" Fluonessia seemed to have her lightbulb switched on. "I will buy you some cup noodles from the cafeteria to make up with you!"

"Sounds good. It will keep me warm." I said.

"Stay right there! I'll be back in a jiffy!" Fluonessia excitedly pumped her fists. Then, she touched her shoes and enchanted them with magic! "Wind Accel!"

Swoosh!

In a blink of an eye, the pink-haired idiot vanished! Only her green wind contrail was left.

"Haaah." I did a relieved sigh. She'll be scolded for running and using speed spells in the hallway for sure. Well, she's too energetic for her damn good.

Fwoom!

After five seconds of solitude, Fluonessia came back with a hot cup noodle in her hand. It was steamingly hot, and the aroma of artificial seafood flavors entered my nose.

"T-That was fast!" I cried.

"Here! My formal apology to you!" Fluonessia smiled innocently as she gently placed it on my table.

When I opened the lid, I was a little disappointed. The hot water only fills half of the cup, and the noodles are not even completely submerged. I also noticed hot droplets of water crawling from the other side of the cup. It was a real mess.

"Hey, I think you spilled the hot water-"

"Aaaaah! Hot! Hot! My arms are burning! Kyaaa! Call the firetruck!"

Fluonessia cried as she ran around the room, swinging her hand back and forth like a flightless bird. She just realized that she burnt her hands with hot water a few seconds late, and now she's causing chaos in the classroom.

After three laps around the room, she finally settled down on her seat and blew on her burnt wrists to cool them off.

"Whiff... whiff... It hurts. Uwuuuu." Fluonessia cried.