65TH GEAR - TAKING TURNS IN THE SCHOOL INFIRMARY

I do not know what went wrong.

The next day started the same as usual. Flu greeted me good morning at the Eastern Beachside, and we rode the train together (Thankfully, no speed spells) to go to school. The weather was nice and blue. We do not have taxing subjects today, no Miss Terror or her English Class for our first period.

But I am feeling lightheaded during the second period. I occasionally feel jolts in my head, as if it was getting stung by a bee. The pain seems to be inside my head though, like a migraine.

"Haaah... haaah... haaaah..." I panted.

"J-Jon?" Flu turned to me. "Are you okay? You look pale."

We are still in the middle of class, and our Advanced Algebra teacher is still busy discussing formulas on the board. I tried to stare at the solutions written on the blackboard, but I couldn't make sense of them. It seems that my ability to analyze was affected.

"I-I'm sorry. I'm not feeling well." I answered as I held my forehead.

Flu frowned for a moment as she examined my face closer. All of a sudden, she suddenly stood up and raised her hand to disturb the whole class.

"Professor Bibidi! Jon- I mean, Mister Wardenorth is feeling under the weather! May I go out and assist him to the Academy Infirmary?"

"H-Hey! I-I'm still fine!" I complained in a soft voice. I couldn't force my lungs to get loud much further.

"Jeez, you're sick, Jon! Stop acting tough! You've been like this since this morning!" Flu pouted.

Professor Bibidi, who is an old short bald man, adjusted his eyeglasses to look at me from afar. "Okay, Miss Asahime, you should assist Mister Wardenorth to the infirmary."

"Will do, Professor!" Flu happily raised her hand. Then she grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the classroom.

I can still stand and walk, and it does not hurt my head by doing so. The jolts inside my skull are random, or if I try to imagine or recall something. I've had similar jolts before during the Joint Training Camp, but it was tolerable. It is just this day that I can no longer ignore the pain looming in.

My eyes are just on the ground while Flu drags my hand, and I was a little bit surprised when she stopped. We finally made it to the front of the Academy Infirmary. Flu knocked three times and then breached in like a special forces navy seal!

"Excuse me! I have a patient that needs treatment!" Flu screamed out loud.

"Hey, don't be too noisy," I murmured. I can't scold him much because I'm already getting stressed and embarrassed.

"Oh, Miss Asahime! Good to see you!" A purple-haired well-endowed woman with a sexy nurse uniform was at the front desk of the infirmary. She adjusted her eyeglasses and rubbed her twin pigtails when she looked at me. "I see you have delivered another experiment subject- ahem! I mean, another patient!"

"Professor Dakedavra!" Flu squealed out loud. "So you're the school nurse too!"

"Of course! Saint Crusade Academy is kind of short on staff because of the corruption of the higher-ups, so they assigned me here to be the presiding school nurse! Not that I complain about it though! I can meet a lot of experiment subjects! Huehuehue!"

"F-Flu, you know each other?" I whispered.

"Yes!" Flu jollily answered. "Professor Ava Dakedavra is my teacher in the Intermediate Healing Magic subject. She is one of the best healers in the school!"