The Ones That Play Innocent

Wooyoung's POV:

"So, did I miss anything while I was gone?" I was officially back in South Korea after one of the greatest weeks of my life.

"Yup." I had asked Yeonjun to pick me up since San was in Incheon and I didn't want him to make the crazy drive to the airport. But now I was slightly regretting my choice only because Yeonjun didn't seem happy whatsoever. I hope this wasn't an inconvenience for him, I could've asked someone else.

"You okay?" I timidly asked, hoping it wasn't me that put him in a bad mood.

"Beomgyu and Felix are fucking." He gripped onto the stirring wheel and clenched his jaw tight as he stared at the road.

"What?" I couldn't process this even if I tried. "Since when?"

"Before your birthday."

Now it all makes sense.

"How'd you even find out?"

"Soobin told me."

"I'm shocked he'd sell Felix out like that. I know they're closer than ever."

"Well him and I are a little closer than you think." He mumbled. I smacked my forehead and exhaled heavily. I'm gone for one week. One fucking week. Then all hell breaks loose. "We need to make sure this doesn't get back to Hyunjin."

"I agree. Now does this bother you because of Felix or because of Beomgyu?"

"Soobin literally told me before I left his house. He was like 'oh, by the way' and that was it. I don't think I've fully processed it yet."

I don't want to believe it. I also don't want to make any assumptions before I know all the details, but of course the major question is infiltrating my brain.

"You don't think...Felix cheated on Hyunjin...do you?"

"I can one hundred percent confirm he did not."

"Thank god." I took the biggest sigh of relief. If that was actually the case, I would've forbade Hyunjin from ever getting back together with Felix. He could've begged all he wanted, but he deserves better than a selfish cheater. So I guess there's still hope for them...sort of.

"It was one of those situations where they were both in need of a 'pick me up' and that was the result."

"Isn't Beomgyu a virgin?"

"Not anymore obviously."

Beomgyu is a gorgeous kid, but he scares everyone he encounters. He's either screaming or...screaming. I know he's always wanted a partner so I really hope he doesn't think Felix is an option.

"Are you just gonna let it happen?"

"Well I can't really stick my nose in it because I'm not supposed to know."

"I couldn't give less of a shit." I scoffed. "I mean, seriously? Felix is going to fuck around with one of our friends? That's like if you started fucking Yunho or something."

"I think he likes Felix." I could tell that bothered him heavily.

"Well I'd say so. My birthday dinner proves that. Beomgyu has never opened his mouth like that around us before."

"I think I'm going to talk to him." I could tell this was stressing Yeonjun out massively. To me, it's just bullshit gossip that's really upsetting to hear. To him, Beomgyu is his closest friend.

"What about Soobin?"

"This is how I look at this: Beomgyu has been dying for something like this and he's going to latch onto the first thing that does it, that would be Felix. He's gonna get hurt and it'll be Felix's fault whether he does it on purpose or not."

Yeonjun and I looked at each other once we reached a red light and nodded.

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

"I think I am."

"We need to break this up."

"We do."

"But how?" We both started brainstorming once the light turned green. "Tell Beomgyu that you're hooking up with Soobin." At least that's what I think he meant earlier.

"Absolutely not." Okay, I knew I was right. But now I need to know why? Beomgyu has liked Yeonjun for years, but he went with Soobin? I can't wrap my brain around that at all. "Because that would end my friendships with both of them."

"Then what the hell are you gonna talk to Beomgyu about?"

He groaned in frustration. "I have a plan."

"Which is what?"

"It'll be improv, but I got a script."

"You're going to fuck this up miserably."

Once we got to the next red light, Yeonjun grabbed his phone and started typing away, most likely asking Beomgyu if he's free later.

"And if I do, then it's my mess and I'll deal with it. You can sit this one out and just enjoy my downfall."

"I'm hoping it's Felix's downfall." I mumbled.

It better be his.