Home Sweet Home

Yunho and Minho ended up leaving at 5am for their 10am classes. I found that to be absolutely insane, but I know they take school seriously. Before they left for Busan, they took Jisung, Jeongin, and Felix back home. I'm sure it was nice for them to see him until he had to leave.

San and Yeosang stayed; I figured they would. Wooyoung needs all the love and support he can get right now. Fortunately, neither of them had class today so they had no issue agreeing to take care of Wooyoung. Everyone chose to go to school, but him and I thought it would be in our best interest to stay home.

I heard a knock on my door. "Jinnie?" It was Wooyoung. Typically the sound would make Kkami bark, but he just seemed afraid of the noise. Or maybe it was because I kept him on my bed to make sure he stayed safe. I need to call the vet today. He's so tiny, even the smallest thing can cause permanent damage.

"Come in." He slowly made his way in and sat on the edge of my bed.

"You feeling okay?"

"I think so. Are you?"

He shrugged. "My head is all over the place right now. I'm happy my mom is home, I'm happy your parents are in trouble, I'm happy San is here, but seeing Kyungmin like that has almost unlocked a new emotion that I can't even explain."

"Anger?"

"Worse than that."

"Rage is a little worse I think."

"Another kid punched him in the face." I lightly gasped, upset by the news. "They were being mean to him so he kicked them." He faintly smiled, proud of his brother for defending himself even as young as he is. "But then they punched him and now he has a bruise on his cheek. And once the cops grabbed him, they must've really manhandled him because he has bruises all along his stomach."

"Knowing him, he tried to struggle."

"Maybe I need to stop teaching him to be like me." He sighed. "I didn't do it purposefully, but look where it's got him."

"He is one badass little kid."

"Yeah." He smiled. "More badass than me, that's for sure. I'm just so glad he's home. I can't believe you did it. You literally saved my family."

His voice started getting shaky. "Don't you dare start crying, it's..." I looked at my phone for the time and gasped, "3pm?"

"I came in earlier and tried to wake you, but you wouldn't budge. I wanted to know if you wanted to go to breakfast with everyone."

"You guys went without me?" I pouted.

"No." He smiled. "Yeosang and I just got McDonald's together. I bought you hash browns, but they're definitely cold now."

"Damn." I sat up and brought Kkami onto my lap, feeling overprotective. I've gotten so used to him giving me attitude all the time that this fearful side of him was heartbreaking. How could a police officer be okay with harming an animal? But of course I'm not surprised given the circumstances, along with Kkami's barking. "How's mom and Kyungmin?"

"Min is okay. We've been rebuilding the Lego set. The cops smashed it to get to him. I think they were trying to scare him so he'd listen. Mom...she's okay, just frustrated. She had a crazy dream last night." He started to smile. "She beat the shit out of your mom in the parking lot of the courthouse." I laughed knowing she wishes she could do that, I'd be in full support.

"Your family is so violent."

"I think this whole group is violent." He corrected.

"I've never fought anyone."