Doctor Doctor

"Jinnie, you gotta get up. San and I let you sleep in, but you have your appointment today." Wooyoung whispered. I waved my hand in the air, dismissing him. "Jinnie, come on."

"Can't you just cancel?" I groaned, holding Felix's sleeping body closer. I really did not want to leave this bed.

"You know how important this is. You can cuddle with Felix when you get back." I was stubborn and refused to move. "Don't make me get San. He'll manhandle you out of this bed. You should be grateful that he gave you the day off just so you can stay in here longer."

I felt Felix stirring awake. He started making cute, quiet noises as he dug his head into the crook of my neck. I pulled the covers up to the bottom of his chin and gave his head a small kiss.

"Good morning, angel." I whispered. My eyes shot wide open after realizing what I had just said.

"Morning." Felix's voice always sounded like a demon when he woke up.

"I have to go to my doctors appointment now."

"Can we cuddle after?"

"Of course." He detached himself from my body and whined in the process, not wanting me to leave. "I'll be back soon, okay?"

"Okay." Felix pouted.

Within twenty minutes, Wooyoung and I were on our way to the doctor's office.

"You looked like you had a nice night." Wooyoung smiled.

"That was the best sleep I've had in months." Felix wasn't kidding, that melatonin is no joke.

"Because of Felix?"

"I'm sure that was part of it, but he gave me some of his melatonin. It's the greatest thing in the world. Typically I'd smoke weed to help me sleep." Not only was that the best sleep I've had, but this is also the best I've felt in a while. Having that sense of familiar normalcy was something I needed. It reminded me of better times.

We were in the waiting room and I was starting to sweat. I was terrified. The possibility of me having an actual issue that required medical attention was high.

"Hwang Hyunjin." A nurse called. Wooyoung and I followed the woman into a small room. "Sit up here." She patted the exam table as she looked over my paperwork on a clipboard. "So how're you feeling today?" The nurse asked, taking out the sphygmomanometer to check my blood pressure.

"I'm alright."

She wrapped the cuff around my arm and started to squeeze the inflation bulb repeatedly. The feeling was uncomfortable, it was actually making me dizzy.

"Alright, your blood pressure is 130/80."

"Is that good?"

"No, you have high blood pressure. Do you smoke or drink?"

I looked at Wooyoung, not wanting to answer the question myself.

"He's a recovering addict." Wooyoung said. "Alcohol and cocaine."

The concern in her eyes was evident. "Have you seeked any medical treatment or have you been trying to do this on your own?" She asked me.

"We've been doing it on our own. He's been going to the gym every day, eating healthy, and he hasn't touched anything in almost two weeks." Wooyoung answered again for me.

"Have you considered going to a rehabilitation facility for this?" I'm not sure why she keeps looking at me when she asks these questions because clearly I don't want to talk about it.

"He will this summer."

I snapped my head towards Wooyoung in confusion. What the hell is he talking about?