Diamond Rings

San's POV:

"Yeosangie, we have a situation." I said on the phone. Wooyoung and Hyunjin just left to see a damn psychic and Felix is with Lily. So today is the day I've decided to do something very important.

"And that is?"

"You need to help me buy a ring."

"I'm on my way." He hung up the phone immediately.

After the conversation I had with Wooyoung at breakfast yesterday, that told me all I needed to know. Not that I ever doubted him, but he loves me and I love him back just as much.

"Choi San!" Yeosang bursted through the doors. "Let's go, we need to find an engagement ring."

There's a reason I never bought myself a new car. I've been saving up for two things since high school. One: an engagement ring. Two: the vacation I'm praying Wooyoung forgot about where I'd be proposing. I was pretty bummed out once Hyunjin told me Wooyoung saw a tab open on my phone. I wanted it to be a surprise of course. But maybe if I use reverse psychology, he won't expect it. I can tell him I knew he knew and that I planned something else, but in reality the plans stayed the same. Yeah, that'll work.

"I need to ask him what his new schedule will look like so I know when to book that trip."

Yeosang is the only person that's known every detail about my future plans. He's the only one I trust.

"I thought Hyunjin said he knew about it, you're still taking him to Universal?"

"I have a plan, don't worry. He takes his fantasies very seriously so I need to make sure I do exactly what he envisioned." I always loved Wooyoung's fantasies about us over the years. I thought it was the cutest thing in the world. At first, Yeosang would ask me if it freaked me out because he thought it seemed a bit obsessive. To me, I just couldn't believe someone felt that strongly about me before, it blew my mind. When Wooyoung told me he loved me, that was the first time someone had ever said that to my face. I genuinely have no idea how I got this lucky.

"How many do you think you guys have lived out?" Yeosang smiled. Although he understood where I was coming from, he still thought it was absolutely ridiculous, but in a much more accepting way.

"Some of them are wildly unrealistic so not as many as you'd think." I'm talking about that damn zombie apocalypse. It took me three years to get it out of him. He wasn't kidding when he said it was...detailed. "I'd say maybe 30 or 40."

"See that's just too much." He laughed, shaking his head.

"What, Winter doesn't have fantasies?" It took him a year to finally muster up the courage to talk to her. He did exactly what I said too: compliment her hair. That very day, she asked him if he wanted to stay and wait for her lunch break so they could talk. It truly is the purest love story. No drama, no gossip, just love and happiness.

"She probably does, I don't know." He shrugged. "I've never asked, I'm too scared."

It's been about ten minutes since we walked into the jewelry store and I already feel like I'm losing my mind. A woman kept offering help, but I'm a little hesitant because I'm not looking for a ring fit for a woman.

"Maybe we should've asked Hyunjin to come or something, he probably would've been helpful." That kid always had some sort of jewelry on his body from the day I met him. He had earrings, rings, and a necklace on at all times.

"Why can't you just send him pictures and ask?"

"Because he's at the psychic." Most of those things are scams so I'm not sure why they're wasting their time. "Wooyoung said it's the most legit one in Seoul so who knows." I sighed.

I felt like I've looked at every single ring over and over. I was ready to give up on and move onto the next store.

"San, come here." He waved me over and pointed to a ring underneath the glass. "Is ₩5 million out of your price range?"

"Nope." I shook my head, staring at the ring Yeosang chose.

"I think he'd really like this. He likes flashy things, right?"

"Indeed he does." I nodded slowly, realizing this may be the one. It was a silver band with small square diamonds lined in the center with round diamonds around the edges. It was definitely sparkly.

"Do you know his size?"

"Of course I do." The same woman walked in front of us behind the counter for the third time since we've been here. "Hi." I smiled. "Could I see that one right there?" I pointed through the glass.

"Of course." She smiled and handed it to me.

It was beautiful up close. I'm not sure how it missed this one. But I'm positive it's perfect for Wooyoung. Absolutely perfect.

Once the ring was bought and paid for, Yeosang and I went back to his car. We sat in silence, in absolute disbelief of what I just did. But I don't regret it for a split second.

I was taken out of my thoughts once I heard tiny sniffling next to me.

"Yeosangie, why are you crying?" I laughed.

"Shut up." He muttered. It was only a few stray tears, but I found it funny. "I'm just really happy for you."

"Thank you." I said sincerely.

Next stop was his house. I need to talk to Ms. Jung about this.

"Mom." I called out. "Yeosang and I are here."

"In the kitchen, Sannie!" She shouted.

We followed her voice and found her washing the dishes while Kkami ate his food in the corner. Yeosang was thrilled to see him so he scooped the dog up in his arms and smothered him with kisses.

"Sit down for this one." I said.

"What, did something happen to Hyunjin?" She immediately panicked and dried her hands.

"No, no." I shook my head. "He's doing alright. But I just wanted to ask you something."

She covered her mouth immediately as her eyes became glossy. I didn't even need to tell her because she already knew.

"Did you buy a ring?"

"That's where we just came from." I took the black velvet box out of my back pocket and showed her.

"Oh my god, it's beautiful." She swooned, resting her hand on her chest. She started to tear up and waved her hand at me so I'd dismiss her emotions.

"Don't cry." I laughed.

"I can't believe you thought you needed permission to marry my son, are you kidding me?"

I heard sniffling behind me. "Yeosang, stop crying."

"This is a beautiful moment, what else am I supposed to do?" He held Kkami close to him for protection.

"When do you plan on asking?"

"Probably in a few months."

"I hope you're not nervous he'll say no."

"Trust me, I'm not." I smiled. "I could've asked him in high school and he would've said yes."

I can't believe it. It really started to sink in.

I'm really going to ask Wooyoung to marry me.