Up To Speed

Minho's POV:

"You okay?"

Yunho stormed in, looking absolutely devastated. Lately he's done all he can to keep his emotions locked inside, but something must've really ticked him off.

"No, I'm not actually." Yunho stressed, running his fingers through his hair with a hand on his hip. "Tzuyu broke up with me."

"What, why?"

I have a strange inkling it's because of me. Not because of her frowned upon feelings, but because of the fact that I practically took Yunho away from her for a couple months.

"She says I've changed and that I seem too busy nowadays." Right, changed because I made his life a living hell and busy because he was trying to tame that hell.

I'm okay now. Just a setback. But unfortunately it did an exponential amount of damage.

Yunho and I are okay. We had a very long...long...long talk about everything. It's ironic how I was always afraid of people not caring about me, but now I'm afraid of people caring too much.

"I know it's my fault, I'm sorry." I sighed, feeling awful.

"It's not, don't worry about it."

"Yunho, you don't need to lie. Just tell me how it is, I can take it." I gave him a small reassuring smile. If there's anyone out there that should be allowed to get some words off their chest, it's Yunho.

"No." He shook his head.

"Yunho, I'm giving you full permission to say everything you've been dying to say."

He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. "Okay." He nodded. "Minho, I love you to death. You and I have become so much closer since we became roommates. I know you're going to beat yourself up for what you put us through, but I'll tell you this now: I will never turn my back on you. But please, I'm practically begging here, talk to me if you ever feel like you're spiraling out of control or if something is bothering you. But on the flip side, that really sucked. You're lucky I'm your roommate because none of our friends would've been able to handle all that. Take your medication and never, ever throw that shit out again. I can take care of you, but I don't want to have to go to that extent again because it was very stressful. But about Tzuyu? It needed to happen as much as I hate to admit it. What I think is that she had feelings for you, found out you were struggling immensely, and had no use for me anymore. I don't want to be with someone that doesn't love me for me."

I proudly smiled, knowing he doesn't speak his mind much. It was much tamer than I was expecting, but then again he was always one of the nice guys.

"Is that it?"

"That would be it, yeah."

"Wow, you really shot me in the chest there." I said sarcastically. He picked up his car keys and waved me out the door. "Are we going somewhere?"

"I need to eat before I starve to death."

This was also his way of getting me out of the dorm and readjusting again. He does it in a very subtle way without acting as if that's the main purpose which I can appreciate. It makes me feel normal.

We went to the typical spot we'd go to after his basketball games.

Wait a second...

Didn't the season end?

"Yunho, did you play basketball this season?" He shook his head. "Why?"

He smiled with a sad look in his eyes. "I had more important things to do."