Irresistible

Sleeping was an impossible mission I knew I wouldn't be achieving tonight. We got home from the hospital around two hours ago and I was wide awake, tossing and turning in bed.

"Fuck this." I groaned as I ripped the covers off my body and decided to get some water from downstairs. "Jesus Christ, you scared me." I jumped, not expecting Felix to be sitting on the couch.

"English, huh?" He smiled. "Looks like all that teaching came in handy after all."

"Yeah." I returned a smile and sat a good distance away from him. "The only time I speak in Korean in New York is when I'm with Seonghwa and Hongjoong. I've mainly used English for the last couple years."

"You sound fluent, I'm really impressed."

"Luckily I had a good teacher." It was a pathetic attempt at flirting, but I can't help myself. We looked at each other at the same time, but immediately turned away awkwardly. "I'm really sorry about Minho."

"He's out there somewhere." He seemed confident yet calm.

"What do your parents think?"

He shrugged. "They think he's dead. But if he's alive, I think that'll prove to him that I was smart enough to be in that family."

My heart shattered by his words. After all this time, does he really not feel good enough because of what Minho said?

"You've always been smart, he was just being ridiculous."

"Was he though?"

I turned my body more towards him. "Felix, no one agreed with him. Everyone thought what he said was messed up and completely untrue. At the time, we all heavily took Minho's past actions into consideration when deciding how we felt. But overall, no one thought what he did was justified."

"Wow, that's not what I was told." He smiled.

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Well of course not, Beomgyu was a little shit and probably twisted everything I said." I never thought about the possibility of my words getting twisted somehow, but that seems to make a lot of sense for a list of reasons.

"Do you remember what you actually said?"

"I know exactly what I said." I nodded. "I said Minho was way out of line for what he said to you but he's my friend and I'm not going to give up on him because he didn't give up on me when I was at my lowest either."

"Yeah, that's not what I was told." He smiled. "But I believe you." He better believe me, I have no reason to lie about something that happened years ago. "Beomgyu was a little..."

"Obsessed?"

"Kinda?" He slowly shrugged, not thinking it was the right word. "He was just attached."

"You had to of known what you were getting yourself into with him, don't lie." I laughed.

"I know." He whined. "I wasn't thinking clearly."

"You think?" I couldn't seem to wipe the smile off my face. It almost felt like all my troubles were washing away by the minute just by talking to him. I felt happy to be alive for once. "Him and Yeonjun never got together, did they?" Felix slowly shook his head. "Oof, poor kid. What about Soobin?"

"Went to Daegu for college, he's been busy."

"Why didn't you go?"

"To do what?" He shrugged. "I'll go when I have something in mind. I'm not going to just waste my parent's money on a degree I won't use because I don't know what to do in life."

"Yeah, now that I think of it, you didn't have many hobbies."

"And I still don't." He shook his head with an amused smile. "I sit around all day and do nothing."