Love or Luxury

Minho's POV:

"We need to talk." Jisung called me and he sounded upset. I was getting nervous. I hope something bad didn't happen with the company.

"What's up?"

"I'm going to debut."

"Jisung, that's amazing!" I exclaimed. "I'm so proud of you, I knew you could do it." This was great news yet he didn't share the same excitement as me.

"Yeah." He sighed. "I signed a seven year contract."

"Seven years, that's a long time." I couldn't help but smile. He deserves this so much.

"There were a few things in the contract though."

"Like?"

"There's...a dating ban." My heart fell out of my chest. I immediately felt sick to my stomach. There was no negotiating with this, he made his choice. "Minho, I'm so sorry." I could tell he was on the verge of tears. "It's just that Chan and Changbin want this more than anything and if I say no, then I'll be ruining their dreams. I'm only gonna get one chance at this."

"It's okay, Sungie." I tried my best to sound supportive, but I was completely broken inside. I felt blindsided. "This is your dream, you've always wanted this. Your happiness is what matters to me the most. Whether we're together or not, you know I'm always going to be proud of you."

"You probably hate me for this." He cried.

"No, honey, I could never hate you for doing something you love. I'll always be your biggest fan. I love you."

"I love you so much, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, Sungie, I promise."

"It's just so fucked up, I wish I didn't have to do this at all. I only want to be with you." His words were like a knife to the chest. He only wants to be with me yet he's completely thrown us away for fame.

"And maybe after seven years and we still love each other, we'll get back together. Or who knows? Maybe you'll find someone better than me."

"I know I won't."

"You never know. Don't let me stop you from getting the things you deserve."

"But you don't deserve this, this is so unfair to you. You've been by my side with all of this from day one."

"Some things don't always work out, it happens. But I'm glad I was able to be there for you along the journey. I'll be okay, everything will be okay. Now make me proud."

"I will, I'll do everything I can."

"Good. I love you so much, Sungie, I'm sorry too. This isn't fair to you either. But just know I'll support every decision you make." He didn't have any words left to say. He was practically choking on his own tears. "But I need to go, okay?"

"Okay." He choked out.

"I'm proud of you. I'll talk to you soon. Bye."

I hung up before he could say another word and threw my phone against the wall. I didn't even care about the damage. I don't care about much at all now actually.

I couldn't believe how much I was crying. I just got broken up with because of a fucking contract. Good to know making Chan and Changbin happy was more important. I knew I'd never be good enough for him. It didn't matter how hard I tried, I always knew. I give and give, but people just take advantage of that. Why can't I stop myself?

"So fucking stupid!" I screamed, feeling overwhelmed with rage. I didn't even know what to do with body, but it needed something. I went to the bathroom and took out all my medication from the cabinets. "Clearly you don't fucking work so what's the point?" I mumbled to myself as I opened the cap to every single bottle and poured every last pill down the toilet. But it wasn't enough to satisfy me. I looked at myself in the mirror, disgusted by what I saw in the reflection. So I pulled back my fist and punched the glass as hard as I could, watching it shatter on impact as blood started to drip from my knuckles. "A fucking contract." I whispered, staring at my now distorted face. "That was worth more."