Nice To See You Again

It's officially been 30 days and my assumption was correct. I make it a month, I get a reward.

"Hyunjin!" Felix ran towards me with the biggest smile on his face and wrapped his arms around my waist. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, angel." Not being able to see him everyday has been torture. But seeing his beautiful face now is something I won't take for granted. "Is it just you?" He nodded nervously, hoping him on his own was enough. "Good." He was all I really wanted though.

I took him to a quiet place I found outside. It was away from everyone else here, but it was right on the perimeter of the vicinity.

"You look good, is this helping you?" He asked, tucking my hair behind my ear. Last time I had a trim was in May so it's been a few months.

"For the most part." I shrugged.

"Why just for the most part? Is there something you don't like?"

"I don't like the people here." I was quiet, paranoid that someone would hear me. "There have been a couple times where I feel like I'm a little kid getting bullied by a bunch of adults."

"Are you joking? Why?" The deeper Felix's voice becomes, the more serious or agitated he is, so this isn't a very good sign. I was always the overprotective one in the relationship, but in recent months, I don't think I could reach Felix's level even if I tried.

"Because they know my dad." I sighed. "I'm the rich kid with issues, surprise surprise." I rolled my eyes, wishing no one knew my background. "We have to do this group session every day and I hate it. Everything else has been nice and what not, but when we all have to get together? Shoot me. I'm forced to talk, it's not like I can just sit there and be quiet. It was literally day one and I said I was here for cocaine, but according to them, I never had a real problem because I was a college kid." It's been frustrating. It's not like I'm necessarily looking to make friends, but having another person to do things with would be nice.

"Have you talked about what happened in June?"

"Just with the therapist. I talk to him twice a week."

I'm sure he was only curious because it would be a way for them to understand that my situation is much more than being an irresponsible student. But I don't need to be treated or looked at as a charity case. I'm not here to gain sympathy from other people who have similar struggles.

"Has that been helpful at least?" I nodded. "Good."

There was a comfortable silence after that. Felix leaned his head on my shoulder as I rested mine on top of his. It was a very peaceful moment, it was quiet. I took his small hand in mine and gave it a light squeeze. From then on, we just went back and forth playing a game of repetition.

"I'm really upset that I'm missing your birthday." I gave his hand an extra long squeeze after saying that. I keep thinking that if I were to have come here the second I came back from New York, I wouldn't of missed it. But Wooyoung thought a month home doing nothing would be nice - which it was, but it had its consequences in the end.

"It's not a big deal, I promise. We've missed birthdays for the past few years, we can handle one more."

"But I had a whole thing planned." I sighed, feeling slightly defeated.

"And it can be the first thing we do when you get home."

"Fine." I groaned. "Did you know this was 90 days?"

"No, of course not. When it comes to these types of things, Wooyoung keeps it between him and San. He knows I'll run back and tell you."

"You and your big mouth." I teased, putting my arm around his waist and pulling him closer. I looked to him once I felt his eyes on me. Every time I get a chance to really look at Felix, I'm always mesmerized as if it's the first time I've seen him. "You're pretty." I whispered, still entranced by his beauty.