Strike Two

"I think we need a break."

"That's fucking ridiculous."

I ran my fingers through my hair, feeling the stress get the best of me. But I saw it coming. There's no convincing Felix once he sets his mind to something.

"If we still love each other by the time you graduate, we'll get back together. Hyunjin, we talked about this."

"I've been here for two months! It took you two months to decide this wasn't going to work? We might as well of broken up before I left if you thought you weren't gonna be able to handle it."

"I thought I could."

"But you can't because of fucking Jungkook, right? Because I have friends who like to party? Because I'm happy and you're not the only reason for it? I hope you know how fucking selfish you are for all of that by the way, but I have relentlessly bit my tongue."

"I kinda thought you'd be more understanding." He mumbled.

"Understanding?" I shouted. "You expect me to be understanding when you're breaking up with me?"

"Hyunjin, I just said I think we need a break, not a whole break up." He stressed.

"No, you need a break. I'm the one going to college classes multiple times a week in New York. I'm working on new pieces nearly every day; and just so you know, they're all of you! That's never changed. I call you multiple times a day because I miss you, I tell you that I love you maybe twenty times a day. Why am I not good enough for you?"

"No." He shook his head and started to cry. "Hyunjin, you know I love you, but I can't handle it. Let me work on this for us."

"Why can't we do it together though? What am I missing?"

"Clearly I'm not emotionally mature enough to do that, I don't know what else you want me to say."

"And I'm not emotionally mature enough to even be here, but you don't see me giving up that fast!"

"I'm sorry." He cried.

"You fucking should be. This just tells me everything I need to know about you. Two years wasted. You like the idea of being loved and getting affection. But you're not getting it the way you want anymore so I'm of no use to you. You don't know how to actually love someone. I don't know how I didn't get the hint the first time. Stupid, I'm so fucking stupid."

"No, you're not. I do love you!"

"God, this is sick, this is so fucking sick."

"Hyunjin-"

"Stop talking!" I shouted. "Just stop! You've opened your mouth enough." He just continued to cry, but I felt no sympathy whatsoever; I just felt angry. "You know what? Good luck. I hope you know you will never find someone who will love you the way I have since the moment I saw you. Bye, Felix." I hung up the phone, then immediately blocked him on everything and wiped him clean off my social media. "God damn it!" I screamed. I got off my bed and punched a hole through the unfinished canvas of Felix that I had been working on.

"Hey, hey, hey, I'm right here." Jungkook rushed into my room and held me from behind, restricting my movements. I tried to struggle out of his grip, feeling the urge to destroy every single canvas with Felix's face. But then I just fell to the ground and started to sob. I was inconsolable. "Hyunjin, breathe." I sat up and he pulled me back against his chest as I cried.

"I was trying so hard."

"I know. Maybe it'll work out in the future. Third times a charm, who knows?"