A Pure Moment

I couldn't sleep again. It was 3am and I was back on the couch, overthinking every little thing in my life.

"I figured you'd be here." Of course it was Felix. It always is. "Can't sleep again?"

"Of course not." I shook my head.

"Have you ever tried melatonin?"

"What's that?" He looked at me like I was crazy. "Well aren't you gonna tell me?" I smiled.

"It's little gummies you can take to help you fall asleep. You'll probably be out in minutes. It's not a drug, it's safe to take."

I wasn't opposed to the idea. I don't like being wide awake when there's nothing for me to do.

"And it actually works?"

I felt sick once Felix took me by the pointer finger the way he used to and led me to his room. I had never actually been in here yet.

Wait a second...is that...

"Felix?" I made that. That was my artwork on his wall.

"I'm assuming that's me." He seemed so nonchalant when he spoke. He was just looking through his things trying to find the melatonin.

"It is."

"What, did you really think I was going to let you sell all your paintings of me?" He smiled.

Suddenly that burning feeling in my stomach was back. He really bought one of my paintings.

"What happened to the other ones? Did you get rid of them?"

"I had to." I could tell he didn't actually want to though. "Lily kinda freaked out, but I felt it was pretty reasonable. Having portraits of me that my ex boyfriend made isn't the best look in a new relationship."

"No, I get it." I nodded. I actually did understand, but it still hurt. I worked really hard on the ones I made for him.

"But I needed to have at least one. She has no idea you made this. You're too talented, I couldn't let it go to waste."

I instantly started to blush, trying to contain my smile.

"Honestly I haven't made anything new in a long time." I sighed. "Maybe I should."

"Jinnie, that's your major. You absolutely should." He smiled. "See if Art511 will work with you again when you go back to New York."

"How do you know about that?"

"Did you forget who our friends are?" He laughed. "Big mouths, all of us."

"True." I sighed and sat on his bed.

He stood in front of me and started to examine my face. "Your black eye is clearing up. You look a lot less gray too; less like a zombie."

"Am I pretty again?" I joked.

"Don't start, you know you're always pretty." He smiled and sat next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. "You made a good model too, by the way. I think my favorite shoot you did was when you had the short blue hair and you had little diamonds in between your eyes, lots of blue eyeshadow too."

I rolled my eyes, remembering that day vividly.

"I got spit on by some guy in the subway after that."

"I would've punched him in the face, are you serious?" He was clearly upset. "I wouldn't let anyone fuck with you, I'm not joking."

"I know." I smiled. Actually I didn't know that, but it made me happy. "I think you should've gotten into modeling."

"You think?" He lifted his head up to reveal his beaming smile.

"Um, duh? You're the most beautiful person I've ever seen." To me, this was a fact. I wasn't trying to be flirtatious, I'm just telling him what I know.

"You think so?" His voice was much softer, seeming as if he didn't believe it himself.

"I've always thought so, you know that. From the second I saw you, I thought you were beautiful. You still are."

For a moment, I forgot what my life was currently like. It felt as if Felix and I were the only people in the whole world. It was mind blowing how all this time had gone by, but my heart was still the same.

Instead of saying anything, he pushed his lips against mine and climbed onto my lap, pushing his fingers through his hair as I reached up inside his shirt, desperate to feel closer.

"You drive me crazy, Hwang Hyunjin." He gently pushed me down on my back and hovered over me, reconnecting our lips once more. "What am I gonna do with you?"

"Just kiss me, that's all you have to do." My breathing was getting heavier as our kiss intensified. I wanted more than this, but I knew if we crossed that line, it would create bigger problems.

"Stay in my room tonight." He kissed my neck, making my body shiver.

"Okay." Excited was an understatement, I was ecstatic. Laying next to him is like a dream come true.

He pulled away and peppered my face with kisses. It almost felt like we were together again. It felt right.

"I like when you smile." It's barely left my face since I came into this room. "I always thought you had the best smile." Meanwhile I always thought he was the one with the best smile.

He reached over to his nightstand and grabbed the small bottle of melatonin.

"They look like those Dots candies."

"What are Dots?"

My eyes widened, realizing it was an American candy. "I'll have to bring a box back for you or something. They're like little gum drops." Felix tapped my jaw, wanting me to open up. I did so as he dropped two in my mouth, then tapped again for me to close. "Is this strawberry or something? These are dangerous." I laughed.

"It is." He nodded.

He laid down after turning off the lamp and chose to spoon me from behind. My heart was pounding out of my chest and I was starting to sweat because I was so excited.

"Felix?"

"Yeah?"

"I really missed you."

He gave my body a light squeeze and kissed my spine. "I missed you too, I really did."