The Protector

Minho's POV:

"I need you to do me a favor." I said to Hyunjin. We stood in the living room as everyone was still conversing at the table in the kitchen. My parents wanted Hyunjin and Jisung over for dinner before I left tonight. My plan was to leave this morning, but I was struggling more than I expected. "Please take care of Yongbokie and Jisung."

"You know I will." He nodded with a soft smile. "You still coming back for their birthdays?"

"As long as you keep your mouth shut, that will still be the plan."

As months have passed, I've grown more protective of Hyunjin. Once things finally settled down and everything seemed normal, I became more cautious, but also on edge. One time Hyunjin called me at 3am because him and Felix were having a debate about something stupid, but I was asleep. I woke up the next morning fully panicked that something happened and I wasn't there to help. It's not like he's done anything questionable recently; he seems very happy, the happiest actually. But almost losing him was traumatic for everyone. I refuse to let that happen again.

I always wanted siblings. I would beg my parents when I was younger. But my mother became very sick and doctors told her if she would ever try to have kids again, it would be a very high risk pregnancy for her as well as the child. Of course I cared more for her health so I just moved on. Then one day I overheard my parents talking about adoption.

"Minho, you scared me." My mom jumped and held her hand against her chest.

"Please, can it be a boy?" I begged. "I'll take care of him and he'll be my best friend."

My parents looked at each other and smiled.

"Minho, we're talking about an actual person, not a pet." My dad said.

"Wait, really?" I couldn't wipe the smile off my face. "Then it has to be a boy! I want a brother. You know I've always wanted one."

My mom slid a packet of papers towards me.

Felix Lee
September 15, 2000
Sydney, Australia

"We did a video chat with him earlier. I'd say we talked to about five kids today and we're torn between two."

"If the other is a girl, she can wait for the next family. Felix is my new brother." I wasn't going to take no for an answer which is why I figured they kept this valuable information away from me.

In a weeks time, we picked Felix up from the airport. He was shy, but he had a smile that could light up any room. I remember holding his hand the entire ride home.

"My name is Minho." I was shy which was very unlike me, but I knew it was because I was excited.

"I'm Felix, nice to meet you."

"Nice to meet you too." I smiled. "I know this is going to be a tough transition but I promise, I'll be right by your side and I will beat up anyone that messes with you."

I finally had a brother and I'll always protect him.

My first mission was to protect Yongbok. I never wanted to share him either. So when Hyunjin came along, I was expecting to hate him, not to gain another younger brother. Although they've had their struggles in the past, I know that they were perfectly made for one another. I remember when we all saw each other for the first time. Hyunjin kept staring at Yongbok, but I could see what he was feeling by the look in his eyes. He was in love, and that love hasn't once diminished since then, it's only grown. I'm glad they'll have each other. But that brings me to Jisung...

I'm not an easy person to break. I don't let people see much of my emotions, I'll never put myself before anyone else. I'm selfless but aggressive, it's a weird combination, but that's just who I am. But Jisung is the only person that's ever been able to get past any of that by doing absolutely nothing. I know how it feels to look at someone for the first time and fall in love immediately.

All of Yongbok's friends were always so shy and polite, but not Jisung. I won't deny it, I always felt a little entitled being the older brother and that I deserved the utmost respect, but he couldn't give two shits. In fact, Yongbok would tell him to say hi to me to be nice and Jisung would say, "if he wants a hello so bad, he can do it himself". Usually something like that would infuriate me, but I just became infatuated with him. I knew it was serious because I don't have little crushes here and there, I find them to be a waste of time. But with Jisung, to find someone who always speaks his mind and doesn't back down from anyone, I knew that was my type of person. I don't really believe in forever, but if there's something like that in store for us, I'd be content for as long as that is.

"Sungie, come here." It was time to say goodbye. We were all standing outside in front of my car, stalling my departure. I thought it was funny how he pretended to be annoyed and completely unbothered as he held my hands in his. "Busan isn't that far, you can come visit." I shrugged.

"Actually, you can come visit." He scoffed. "You made the decision to abandon me so you're in charge of your own damage control." I love how dramatic he always is, it never ceases to make me smile.

"Yeah, okay." I kissed his puffy cheeks one at a time.

"See, you're leaving that." He poked his own cheeks and then mine. "Don't come crying to me if you're lonely." He rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"Cut the shit, come here already." I laughed and kissed him, unable to get rid of my smile.

"You're supposed to close your mouth when you kiss someone." He mumbled with our lips still in tact.

"And you're supposed to shut up when you kiss someone."

My Sungie. I'll love him endlessly if he'll let me. He's going to do big things one day, I just know it. He's so special in countless ways, he's bound for greatness. One day he'll venture out into this world and he'll become someone and he'll forget all about me, but that's okay. I'll take advantage of every moment I can get.

"I love you, you fucking asshole." Jisung whispered as I held him close in my arms. "Don't forget that."

"I love you so much more."

"Always you and the competitions, it makes me nauseous."

I love you, Han Jisung. I won't be gone long. Please don't stop loving me because I'll never stop loving you.

I'll never stop.