Weston Koury // Best Friends

My best friend Weston and I are going to California tomorrow and I could not be more excited! Considering we've been neighbors and best friends since birth, our families go on trips together every summer. It's 8:00 at night and I haven't started packing. I grab some clothes and traveling necessities and stuff them in my suitcase. After that I get ready for bed. By that I mean I go on my phone for an hour or so. I'm scrolling through my Instagram feed when I get a text.

Weston: Hey y/n, you ready for tomorrow?!
Y/N: Yes! I can't wait!
Weston: Me neither, get some sleep I'll see you tomorrow
Y/N: See ya Weston

I fall asleep and dream about how much fun California is going to be.

beep beep beep

Why must my alarm clock do this to me?! Wait! Today me and Weston are going to California! I jump out of bed and get ready for the day. I go downstairs to eat breakfast.

"Hey mom"
"Good morning honey, here's some chocolate chip pancakes, your favorite."
"Thanks mom!"

I put a little too much whip cream on my pancakes but oh well. As I'm eating my pancakes someone bursts through the door. That someone is my insane best friend with his family following behind.

"ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?" my best friend screams.
"HECK YEAH!" I scream back.

Weston sits next to me and helps me finish my pancakes. And by help I mean he basically ate all of it. After all of that, our families head to the airport. We sit by our gate number.

"Flight 227 from North Carolina to LAX is now boarding. Flight 227 is now boarding," the lady on the intercom said.

We grab our things and board the plane. This is going to be an insane two weeks.

After the plane ride

We just landed in California and Weston and I can hardly contain ourselves! My dad picked up the rental car and is on his way. On the way to the hotel I put in my earphones and listen to Jack & Jack. We finally arrive at our hotel and it is huge. My parents are sharing a room, Weston's parents are sharing a room, Weston and I are sharing a room, and Weston's sister gets her own. After getting settled in, we go to a restaurant for dinner. It's been a long day so me and Weston watch a movie and go to sleep once we get back to the hotel.

I wake up and glance at the clock. 9:03 AM. I get ready for the day and walk over to Weston's bed.

"Weston, wake up," I say while shaking him slightly.
"No," he complains, his eyes still shut.

He looks kind of cute when he's asleep. His hair is messy but cute, his voice is rough but still attractive and- STOP Y/N! Weston is my best friend, nothing more. It's not like I want to be more. I mean sure I wouldn't mind it but I don't want to ruin what we have. But what if  he doesn't feel the same? No he doesn't. Wait I don't like him! Oh who am I kidding, I like my best friend. I like Weston Koury.

3:45 PM

"So what do you wanna do? Our families are busy, we can do whatever we want!" Weston exclaimed.
"Well I've always wanted to go to Santa Monica Pier," I replied.
"Well then let's go!"

We grab our penny boards and skate to the pier. It's gorgeous. The coast line is so peaceful with the waves softly crashing down and you can see the lights of the pier and ferris wheel lighting up the evening. We've got until 6:00, then we have to head back to the hotel. We walk onto the pier and the first thing we see is-

"COTTON CANDY!!!"
"C'mon Weston, let's go get some!"

After the cotton candy we go play some games. This one game is so frustrating, I can't seem to beat it.

"I refuse to lose!" I exclaimed.
"Watch and learn," Weston said with a smirk.

On his first try he won a teddy bear. I stood there astonished that he won in one attempt.

"But how?"
"Here, I won it for you," Weston handed me the bear.
"So cheesy," I laughed, "We only have 20 minutes, let's go on the ferris wheel!"
"Let's go," he said.

We reach the top of the ferris wheel and it stops for a moment. The view is breathtaking.

"Beautiful," I whisper.
"Like you," Weston whispered back.
"What?"
"I like you y/n, I know we've been best friends for the longest time but what if we were more?"
"Weston, I like you too but what are you saying?"
"I'm saying," he pauses and gives me a soft kiss on the lips, "y/n will you be my girlfriend?"
"Yes of course Weston!"

This summer is going much better than I thought.

» Dakota