Weston Koury // I Promise

requested by Kendall_Espinosa
sorry if this isn't quite what you wanted

I was just lounging on my couch watching some O2L videos when there was a knock at the door. I got up and unlocked the door to be tackled in a hug. It was Weston, my best friend and crush. The thing with us it that we both like each other but haven't done anything about it.  We're too scared to ruin our friendship.

"Kendall! I was adventuring with Coco Chanel and I found the coolest place! Let's go!"
"Okay, but first I'm going to change."

I run upstairs and change into jeans and a cute top. I lace up my favorite pair of shoes and race downstairs to Weston. He grabs my hand and pulls me to the door.

After about fifteen minutes of walking, we end up at the park.

"The park? That's where you wanted to go?" I cross my arms and look at Weston.
"No, no. It's what's behind the park," I raise my eyebrows in confusion.
"Just, follow me," Weston says. I sigh and continue onwards.

We've been walking through some sort of forest for ten minutes.

"Weston, are you sure you know where you're going?"
"Yes I'm positive. You're going to love it."

Five minutes later we exit out of the trees. We're standing in a small secluded area right at the edge of the town. It's raised higher, almost like a cliff, so we can see over the whole city. Around us in a semicircle are all the trees we just came out of. The sky is all shades of purple, pink, blue, and orange and the city lights are brightening the night.

"Woah," I whisper.
"Told you. I knew you'd like it," Weston smirks.

I sit down at the edge. Weston sits next to me, placing his hand on mine.

"Kendall," I turn my head towards him as he continues to speak, "I know that we don't want to ruin or friendship, but, I really like you. Is there a chance we could be an us?"

"Weston," I say more than shocked, "I—" before I can finish, he cuts me off with a kiss. Our first kiss, to be exact. Our lips fit together like puzzle pieces. Pieces that needed each other to be complete. It was slow and gentle. As he pulled away the feeling of his lips on mine lingered.

"Kendall, don't tell me you didn't feel anything just now. We can make this work. We've been best friends for our whole lives and this isn't going to ruin that. So please, can we try this? Try us?"

Going deep into thought, I weigh the pros and cons. I mean, Weston is amazing. I like him so much. And maybe he's right. If we do breakup, we'll stay friends...right?

"Weston, I'll be your girlfriend on one condition."
"Anything."
"You have to promise we'll stay friends if something goes wrong between us."

I stick out my pinky finger to seal the promise. He wraps his finger around mine and leans in to kiss me again. "I promise," he whispers, connecting our lips once again.

That was the start of my relationship with the love of my life.

» Dakota