Mario Selman // Not Interested

requested by @boyitzdylan

I was at the mall with Mario, his sister Cat, Weston, and his sister Kalynn. We just left Aeropostale and were walking over to Hollister when my shoelace came untied. I stopped and kneeled down to tie my laces as the rest of the group kept walking.
"You guys are great friends!" I called out to them.
"I know right!" Weston shouts back.
I roll my eyes at that and turn my attention to my left shoe. I laced them up and hopped to my feet. I start to walk but someone comes in front of me.
"Hey, are you a parking ticket? 'Cause you got fine written all over you," the boy's eyes roam across my body.
"Up here buddy," I say while pointing to my eyes. Naturally, I think the guy is a douche. I mean really? Pick up lines? Especially that one.
"So what's your digits?"
I roll my eyes. Does this guy really think I'm going to give him my number?
"Not interested."
He looks up from his phone with a confused expression plastered on his face.
"What do you mean? Look at me, I'm hot."
"Eh, not really. Bye now."
I attempt to walk ahead back to wherever my friends went but the boy puts his arm in front of me, preventing me from escaping.
"Sweetheart, don't go."
"Dude, I'm not interested."
"That's such a lie. Girls can't resist this," he points at himself.
"Well I can."
"Feisty I like it."
"Back off of her!" I turn towards the voice that might just be my hero.
"Mario, thank gosh."
"Is this guy giving you some trouble?"
"Well he's—" the boy cuts me off.
"Not at all. Are you the boyfriend?" he looks at me and continues, "I thought you could do better than him."
Mario balls up his fists, "Yeah, she can do better. She's amazing and beautiful and definitely deserves better than some tool like you."
"Whatever. I'm out," the boy crosses his arms and walks away.
"Thanks Mario, but did you mean what you said?"
"Of course I did. Plus, I didn't like the way he looked at you."
"What? Why?"
"Well, uh, the thing is," Mario scratches the back of his head. I signal for him to continue.
"Dylan, I like you, a lot. And I was jealous. I meant what I said, you deserve much better than me, but I still had to protect you from that guy."
"Mario, I like you too. Thanks for being there for me."
"No problem," he smiles and takes my hand, leading me towards our friends.

» Dakota