Jack Avery // Skate Tricks

"Jack, we should go do something," I pull on my friend's hand like a child.

He stands still and suddenly moves, causing me to stumble a bit. Jack laughs, "Okay, like what?"

My eyes light up, "Can you teach me more skate tricks?"

"Of course," he smiles, allowing me to drag him outside the Why Don't We house in LA.

We both grab our skateboards and go to the cement beside the pool.

"Do you remember how to do an ollie?" Jack asks me.

"Yeah, I've been practicing a bit," I get ready to do an ollie and Jack stays close by to keep me from falling.

I end up perfectly landing the ollie, and Jack claps, "You did it!"

"I bet I can land more ollies than you can land kickflips," I smirk.

He scoffs, "Yeah, right. Let's go right now. But don't be too sad when I win."

"We'll see," I laugh.

Jack flawlessly lands three kickflips, distracting me from my task of landing ollies. Why did I agree to this again?

I begin to land all my ollies, and Jack starts messing up on all his kickflips.

"Looks like I won," I tease him.

He comes up behind me and carries me bridal style, holding me over the edge of the pool, "What did you say, y/n?"

"Nothing!" I squeal, holding onto him as tight as I can, "Just don't drop me!"

He chuckles and places me down on the beautiful, safe, solid ground. I quickly turn around and push him into the pool, but he reacts by grabbing my hand and pulling me with him.

We surface for air, glance at each other, and burst out laughing.

"I should teach you skate tricks more often," Jack says, swimming closer to me.

I move even closer to him, "Or maybe we should try something different."

He looks at my lips then back into my eyes, "I agree."

Closing the gap between us, our lips collide, and I feel myself falling in love with the one and only Jack Avery.

» Dakota