Brandon Rowland // Stressed Out

quick note: we apologize for the major lack of updates, but our schedules are getting busier by the day. however, we still appreciate the continuous support and promise we are writing.

A sigh escapes my lips as I stare down at my laptop, my mind absolutely blank. I have an English essay and a history essay due tomorrow, but I have not started either.

Brandon is lucky. With the life he lives, he is taking online schooling, which means he gets to learn at his pace. However, I have to deal with whatever my teachers at the school I attend give me, even if it's challenging.

"You okay?" Brandon asks me, placing an arm around my shoulders and peering over at my laptop screen. He frowns when he sees that I only have two sentences done.

I glance up at his worried face, "Yeah, I'll be fine. I just have to focus."

He nods and moves closer to me, giving me a sense of comfort and relaxation.

After a few minutes of no progress on my English essay, I decide to start with the history essay first.

I groan and push my laptop away, my face in my hands.

It has been a full two hours and my history essay is weak with no strong support whatsoever, while my English essay is only a quarter way done and does not reflect my individual thoughts in any way.

Brandon looks up at me, "Are you sure you're okay, Y/N?"

"I'm just stressed. I can't do this, Brandon. It's getting late and I haven't gotten anything done. I don't know how I'm going to finish this."

He stands up in front of me and takes each of my hands in his, pulling me up to stand as well.

"Then let's get you to relax a bit," he smiles at me and leads me out the front door.

I worriedly look back at him, "I don't know if this a good idea."

"Trust me, Y/N. You deserve a break."

We continue to walk hand and hand down the quiet streets. I admit, this is super relaxing. I take in the beautiful sunset skies above us and the feeling of Brandon's hand in mine.

Arriving at a nearby lake, we sit down on the dock, our legs dangling over the soft rippling waters.

The two of us sit in a comfortable silence and let our worries go away.

After I've completely calmed down, Brandon stands up and wanders off yet again, dragging me along to who knows where.

We spend the night running through the streets, screwing with people in parking lots, stealing golf carts, and just having some reckless fun.

"That was so much fun!" I laugh.

Brandon chuckles along with me and puts his arm around me gently, "I'm glad you're feeling better."

It was then that realization hit me, "Wait, what about my essays?"

He just smirks at me, "How about you skip school tomorrow and we don't let this night end?"

"Deal," I smile at him and take his hand, proceeding to run across the street for another nighttime adventure.

» Dakota