Jonas Bridges // I Know

requested by @leenaxv

"Kharleena!" I jump at his shout but rush downstairs, stumbling a ton and almost falling on my face, well, until my most amazing boyfriend ever catches me. That sounded tacky. Geez, Kharleena.

"Hey..." I trail off, when he looks at me.

"Kharleena, I said a date, not let's impress every boy in town," Jonas smiles and pulls me up, placing a kiss on my lips, "You look absolutely amazing."

"You don't look bad yourself," I giggle. He interwinds his fingers, and we head to the door.

"Oh, Jonas! I didn't know you were here."

"I told you, Mom," I say dully. I always warn my mom when someone is coming over but she tries to get them to stay for lunch or dinner or snack.

"I just put some food on the stove. Would you like to stay for dinner?"

"Mom, we're going out."

"I was just making your favorite meal! What a coincidence!"

"I said I told you, Mom."

"Well, I guess I could set out another plate. I have enough, but we're going to be eating later because-"

"Mom!"

"Yes?" She snaps out of her rambling and looks at me.

"Jonas and I are going on a date. Maybe next time," I sigh at her then tug on his hand to leave.

"I'm really sorry, Mrs-"

"Jonas! We're going. Bye, love you, Mom."

I take a deep breath of fresh air and look at Jonas.

"Your mom is a good cook," He shrugs. I laugh with him and we walk hand in hand down to the movie's.

"Jonas! Hi!"

I see a really pretty blonde flouncing toward us. Most people would be jealous if a girl approached their boyfriend, but Jonas and I have deep trust in our relationship.

"Hey, Kathy. What are you doing here?"

"Oh just watching a movie. Wanna join?"

"Actually, I'm here with my girlfriend."

"Oh," I snicker as she immediately backs away. As soon as she's out of earshot, he looks at me.

"I would never go out with her."

"I know."

"You're more beautiful than her."

"According to you, I know."

"You're the only one I want."

"Since you just said that, I know."

"Kharleena, I don't like her."

"I know."

He blinks at me. I blink back. He seems amazed.

"You're not protective of me. Well, you are, but I mean you're not over protective it's annoying."

"I know."

"Stop saying that!" He cracks a smile.

"Jonas, if it's a small run in like that, I don't worry because I know I love you, and that you care for me too."

"Kharleena, you're the best girlfriend ever! To understand that and trust...wait..."

Uh oh. I didn't mean to say I love you.

Please say it back.

"You said you loved me!"

"Yes?" I ask weakly.

"You said you loved me!" He shrieks.

"I'm sorry, Jonas. I know it's too early."

"No!" He pauses and takes a deep breath, "It's funny 'cuz I love you, too."

He wraps a warm arm around me and pulls me into a hug. Then, picks me up and kisses me on the lips. I kiss back and everything falls into place. I love him. He loves me.

We finally pull away.

"I love you, Jonas."

"I know."

"Because I love you too, Kharleena."

» Melody