Dora Adventure 5 // SDI Mission

Mel's POV

"So, you're saying you want us to sneak you into the headquarters?" I ask, staring at Kota and Josh quizzically.

"We have no information on security systems or what you're facing," Ben chimes in, turning around in the spinning chair. He clicks his pen multiple times in a row.

"Exactly," I say, "We can't risk you going in yet. We don't have enough information."

"And, we," Kota stands across the table with her arms crossed, "Don't have any time. She has had enough time to prepare for us."

"Fine," I mutter, turning on the holographic map, "Look, this is the headquarters. We anticipate there to be three entrances."

The map highlights the three doors Ben found, "The South exit is heavily guarded because it open's to Dora's chamber. The North exit is used as the main entrance, so unless you two have a diversion plan, it's not the best bet."

"Which leaves the East exit," Josh continues, "Okay, how do we get in?"

"Knock out some guards, take their suits and head in? Shoot them down? Have some hand to hand combat?" Kota and Josh high five, smiling.

I stare at them, "That's for you to figure out. Ben and I will be here at headquarters watching the security cameras and your location."

"Dude, you can hack into the security camera? Sweet," Josh and Ben do a bro-shake.

"He's a keeper," Kota muses, joining me on the side.

"Oh, shut up. Let me remind you we are spies now, I don't have time for guys. Plus, who's the one who can juggle guys and a job?"

"Josh is just a friend."

I close out the map and turn to Kota, "I know when you lie."

;

"Alright," I watch over Ben's shoulder as he hacks into the security cameras, "You two have three minutes to get into facilities or else the alarm will go off when you enter because you pass the motion sensors," Ben says, then presses enter a final time before falling back in his chair. Immediately, the computer screen is filled with different shots of the facilities.

"Three?" Kota asks, "Alright, once we're in, are we clear?"

"You should be. I'm going to take down security's monitors when you enter so they can't see you. Mel, here, will be monitoring your position and anyone who may see you. I'll be monitoring the cameras and making sure you're all clear."

"Got it," Josh says, "Suit up."

They exit the room together. Ben spins toward me, "You ready?"

"Um, sure," I smile weakly.

"What? Lost your game face?" He prods.

"I've never done this before," I counter, "You, on the other hand, have. If I mess up, I'm letting the team down."

I look down while adjusting my glasses to avoid his gaze, "I'm just going to make sure Kota is ready," I say, quietly, apprehensively, before walking out.

;

I stare at the screen, which is split into two parts. The left side shows a map of Dora's lair. I follow the two dots that represent Kota and Josh while looking out for any red dots, or threats. On the right side, I'm working on hacking into security system to enable the security systems for the doors. Meanwhile, to my right, Ben is figuring out how to turn off the security cameras while monitoring the cameras.

In my ear, there is a burst of static, "Alright, we're in position. You guys ready?" Kota's voice crackles into my ear.

"One second," Ben mutters.